When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Breitling Blackbird - Any issues?

bwhitesox

Over the years I have seen a number complaints that the date ceases to be able to be adjusted via the crown. IMO, that is the weak point. Other complaints are that the AR is a little overpowering, and that the early versions had an off center pearl. Still, a great watch, and with chiefs AR, the dial really pops!

yes -- as Andreww said, the date advance via the crown can be problematic...from what i've learned, it's an easy fix as the gearing has lifted up and just needs to be tweaked a bit (requires hands/dial to be removed, tho)...mine has this problem...so i have to set it manually by advancing the time round and round...can take quite a bit of winding if you need to advance the date many days -- but to be honest - i love the watch so it's kinda just part of the prep to wear it...AR is definitely blue -- but it's a nice look with the black dial...

i know this watch now comes in a polished case and bracelet -- but not a big fan of this look...one of the best features of this watch to me is the brushed case and bracelet -- the bracelet is simply one of the best...

R-

I have two, and the only problems i have had with my first was a bad watch smith, apart from that i love them, Ok the date is known to be problematic and the seconds hand at 3 can be a bit jerky due to the gearing to move it from 9 to 3 still i love it. I have even considered trading my gen INGY for one but always thought the INGY will be a more iconic watch in the future.

i got mine from a fellow Breitling enthusiast who couldn't deal with its low power reserve and double DW problems

turned out the winding plate was sticking

anyway my watch-smith fixed both the issues for me and now it goes on for days on end

i'd say its worth the headache to get it right

once you do, you're golden