When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Convert Sub Bezel to Gen Style

krbarnes

krb, yours is the basic chinese sub rep- the little spring loaded click, the eight sided 'paper clip' in the bezel, snaps on.

And the aftermarket assemblies really aren't worth the trouble.

Euromariner, WM9, and the late model MBK's will accept gen bezel parts, and crystal.

Not sure about late model TWB's...

I agree with Rosnik, gert the WM9 16610. It will solve most of the problems that your rep has right out of the box. Later if you want to replace parts with genuine, I.E Insert, crystal, crown/tube, you will have a case to build on. You can probably buy one for close to what the genuine bezel/inset costs. With your watch, replacing the bezel/insert only solves that problem, but doesn't address the crystal,crown CG"S and dial. Most of which are much much closer to genuine in the WM9 version.

Just my dos centavos

Arthur

Eurotimez is the one to go to. The Euromariner is a copy of the gen in terms of bezel construction, and nothing against Eurotimez, but the fit and quality of the Euro/MBK sub bezel assembly aren't the greatest, IMO. But Eurotimez/Chris doesn't make these, MBk factory does, Chris just sells them. You could get the Euromariner w/ the asian 21 j movement and just swap out your noob dial and 2836- change out the crown to the 2836 stem and away you go

I don't know if BK would sell you a WM9 case alone (w/ crystal, bezel,etc) and you might need a spacer ring since you're using the 2836-2 w/ the noob dial, but that might be a possibility. Or you may just need to belly up and get a WM9.