When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Help!

xelorrolex

Hi folks

I apologise to post here but would like to read and find your assistance. Please Mods, if I'm wrong, feel free to move the post on the appropriate subforum.

Let's go to the point now:

I tried to modify the case of my new 5513 w swiss ETA 2836 and make the crown guards thiny as I saw here on a tutorial.

No prob to remove the stem. But when i tried to replace it , no way ! No clic, the dipple who normally block the stem in the case do not pop up back and the stem stays loose. Furthermore , it is not possible to set the time. I can rewind the watch though. Is there a trick to replace the stem properly ?

Sorry for my bad english, I hope I'm understandable. I tried the "Search button" but did'nt find what I was looking for ...

Your help should be higly appreciated, please, I'm hopeless :wounded1:

Regards

Xel :cry:

Its an easy 10minute fix for the novice, dont fret. find Bazzs keyless works tutorial on this forum

:shock: 10 minutes fix ?!? I guess you overestimate me, Dude :victory:

I found the tutorial, but I still don't dare to do this job by myself =@

I m gonna try to find some helpfull collaboration with a watchsmith, here in EU

Thank you for your help either

8)

It's not a difficult fix at all. If you can remove the dial and hands, you can reset the keyless works.

With dial and hands removed, this is what you should see. Since you're working on a 5513 no-date, you may or may not have the datewheel installed under the dial; I've seen some instances where the datewheel is still present, even though the watch may be a no-date. So, I'll start with the datewheel:

IMG_4576.jpg

Press this spring in to release tension on the datewheel teeth:

IMG_4583.jpg

IMG_4583a.jpg

Lift the datewheel and slide it off. You should now see something like this:

IMG_4575.jpg

Check these set levers to make sure they are engaged properly:

IMG_4572a.jpg

IMG_4575a.jpg

Chances are, one of these are out of alignment. A visual check should confirm that. Just re-adjust and you should be fine.

Install in reverse order, and always remember to only use a 1.2mm screwdriver tip to engage the release button for the stem on these!

Best of luck...

... " and always remember to only use a 1.2mm screwdriver tip to engage the release button for the stem on these!" ...

That's obviously what I didn't and the origin of my problem.

Thank you so much for your help, it's highly appreciated.

Now, i know why you're so renowned over here ! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Xel