When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Where do I get a correct F-series caseback?

Whatever123

Hi!

I bought a very nice PAM111 rep some time ago. It does not have a sandwich dial and therefore I think it is supposed to be an F-series model. Unfortunately is has one flaw - on the caseback (glass bottom) it says model "H0035/2000" - this seems to be a standard rep H-series caseback... :cry2:

Does anyone have an idea where I can get a correct F-series (sapphire) caseback? I really want to make this one perfect...

Thanks,

Whatever123

It maybe harder than you think. A Gen F series 111 has different PANERAI Font than most rep casebacks. If you do a search on my posts I took a picture of my case about a year ago as a reference. It was December 19th, 2008.

On another note, if you have the larger brushed crownguard then your caseback should be for a G series. Either way I would not worry about the correctness of your caseback if you have anything but a gen movement. If you were to give your watch to a risti, there will most likely be other things that they would notice before the serial number.

It maybe harder than you think. A Gen F series 111 has different PANERAI Font than most rep casebacks. If you do a search on my posts I took a picture of my case about a year ago as a reference. It was December 19th, 2008.

On another note, if you have the larger brushed crownguard then your caseback should be for a G series. Either way I would not worry about the correctness of your caseback if you have anything but a gen movement. If you were to give your watch to a risti, there will most likely be other things that they would notice before the serial number.

Not sure why people keep saying not to worry about the correctness of the back, unless you've got a gen movement. The reason most people want the correct back, is for themselves, just to get their rep as close as they can to a gen.

The chances of you running into someone who knows what a gen movement is even supposed to look like, let alone the back, are extremely slim (next to none) - unless you run in certain circles in lower Cali.

Not sure why people keep saying not to worry about the correctness of the back, unless you've got a gen movement. The reason most people want the correct back, is for themselves, just to get their rep as close as they can to a gen.

Yep, that's it- I wouldn't worry much about the font on the caseback - but the serial number is an obvious flaw that i see every time I put the watch on... so it nags me... :wounded1:

The chances of you running into someone who knows what a gen movement is even supposed to look like, let alone the back, are extremely slim (next to none) - unless you run in certain circles in lower Cali.

I guess I didn't think about that. I'll change my reply.

If you want a correct series caseback for yourself, because the incorrect case bothers you then go for it. Hopefully the pictures of my gen caseback help you in your seach.

Has anyone checked with DSN ?? he's pretty good with case backs and parts.. he takes awhile to reply though

AC/L

DSN only has "G" and some "E" series display backs, no "F" series.

Angus over at puretimewatch has an "ultimate" 111F:

You might be able to buy just teh caseback.

Nope, he only occasionally sells parts to members who have been buying from him for a while, I haven't :)

Hey Guys,

I do have an F-Series caseback from an 005 (0018/1200) i purchased a couple of months ago from a member here. Not sure what the production number of the 111 is though. It might be inaccurate in that respects. However, it is going under a big facelift at the moment and i won't have the original parts shipped back to me for a few weeks.

If you are happy to wait? Then you can take it off me by all means! :lol:

Dan.

Edited by Danny_1