When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Joshua's Deep Sea Dweller

sharkman

Hi All , I'm new here and looking for some advice . Is PC's Deep Sea Dweller really the ultimate or is there better out there ?

Thanks for your help in advance .

You have asked a question thats the equivilent of "Does God exist and who is he/she/it??" :D

There are many variants depending where you get it and whether they do any mod work before its shipped to you? All of them have varying flaws.

I can only suggest you search the forum and you will find the info from numerous discussions, then make your own choice based on what you read.

I just had a look at the DSSD on joshua's site. I see a couple of differences from the genuine.One, the hour idicies look like the top 1/3 of a cue ball, the indicies on the genuine are flat on top, the other difference that I could see is the case back is "Stepped" the genuine doesn't have a step where the outer ring fits.When the caseback is assembled it is less noticable, but it is different enough that someone who has seen the genuine could tell the difference. The indicies are the biggest difference to me as they are right up there out front and very notiicable. I'm not tooting the horn of Eurotimez, but their version is better, provided they can solve the problem of the dial printing not being aligned properly.

If you look at some of the recent posts about the DSSD (and there are quite a few) you will see what I'm talking about.

Good Luck

Arthur

Guest techlogik

The bezel at 10 is wrong...the spacing should be even |10| like that...instead, the typical ultimate version is |10 |

The pearl looks descent. The movement...no comment...who sees it anyways?!?!

Dial print is straight and clean/sharp looking...HEV looks flush and good.

The only problem I have with this one is the bezel insert as mentioned. That is easily fixed though.

Source a Eurotimez bezel insert for $35...and swap it out.

Eurotimez is pretty good, but they have the slanted print crap I have been pointing out and posted photos of...they know it exist and have acknowledged it in emails to me.

I want to see the latest/greatest ones that start to show up from Euro and photos of the dial to see if they got it resolved...plus Eurotimez print on the dial is not very sharp/blurry looking.

I have a bezel insert on the way from Eurotimez..will swap with my ultimate...will be pretty good then.