When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Hello from Germany

hi guys,

i'm verry happy, that i finaly found a high quality forum for rep watches. i have to tell, i'm not very IN this whole rep watch thing, but i'm willing to learn. i just bough one rep in my live...but i think, it was not really what we're talking about here. i bought it in turkey. it was a rolex sub rep with automatic movement for 50€. well, it was nice until the whole glass fell out after three months of wearing it.

after searching the web for a gen ulysse nardin, the first page i found sold watch reps. so here we go, i was willing to find a page located in the EU with fine watch reps and a good service. this is how i came into this theme. long story short, eurotimez.com seems to be the perfect partner for me. i'm in contact with tom now and i think, in december i will place my order.

but before, can someone tell me something about this watch: "Rolex Submariner Caramic Bezel (oversize case) 2009"

i searched the forum now for one hour, but couldn't find this beauty jet. i think the ceramic bezel is the highlight here. i want to order it with a gen eta movement. is it worth the money? or should i buy this: "Rolex Submariner 16610 Black SS aka Noobmariner ETA"

thanks for your answers and best wishes

Stormfather

Edited by Stormfather

Welcome to RWG Stormfather. :thumbsupsmileyanim: I also knew very little about Reps when I arrived here. I really didn't know that much about gens neither. All I can say Is "you have come to the right place" The Information here Is some the best and most useful that you will find anywere. RWG puts most If not all of the gens sites to shame as far as Im concerned. There are some good watch communites out there but they pale In comparson to the fine folks that you will find here. Im really not Into the Rolex brand so I wont be much help as far as Rolexes go. If I were you I would go to the Rolex area and you will find everything you need, thats a promise. If you have any questions just ask, good luck and happy hunting :) Mike

Hi Stormfather and welcome to the addiction.

The first watch you mentioned is the new 2009 model of the submariner. Now with a bit larger case (42mm) that follows the trend for bigger size watches, with a ceramic (Cerachrom) bezel insert like the GMT2C or the DSSD, fatter hands and with a new (Glidelock) clasp with micro-adjustment.

click here for a review: http://www.rwgforum...._1&#entry735530

The other (16610) is the "classic" 40mm Submariner Date with aluminum insert. The "Noobmariner" is a pretty good replica of this (16610) watch, though there are even better - but more expensive versions like the WM9. If you want to compare these watches, try the "Links" section of the forum, leading you to trusted dealers websites.

"Better, Best, Ultimate etc.": Here on this forum you will find people who will discuss even the tiniest faults for hours. They are true experts and compare high-res pictures side by side to identify even the smallest mistakes in replication. You need to find out just how picky YOU are because it might well be that you or your friends will never notice these faults.

Swiss ETA - if you know that your love for that particular watch will last, it makes sense to get a better movement version of it (i.e. true ETA) and then have it serviced by a watchmaker (if you are in Germanland, use Domenico http://www.rwgforum....hmaker-in-eu/). Just make sure you buy from a trusted dealer because not every can that is red and labeled "Coca Cola" contains a soft-drink. ;)

Viel Spass!

thanks guys...this is what i call a great welcome.

@chubbchubb: you're right. in the few days i'm in now i've realized that some people here are true experts. they discuss faults, where i'd never see a difference. but i think this is just good. because of people like them, we'll maybe get one time 1:1 copies of our loved watches.

i choosed the noobmariner would be a good start for me. i'll order it tomorrow from chirs, who seems to be one of the best dealers for people living in EU. the noobmariner comes with a gen ETA movement, so it should be really fine. i made a thread about my order in the rolex area where i'll post pics of my noob. here you can find it.

sch