When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

WM9 2009 Seadweller

richbum

Seems as though I read somewhere here a few days ago, the WM9 Seadweller project had over 3000 watches preordered!! That is a huge number for a high quality rep.

I ordered one around the first of November and in my Email from George, he said that the pre-order link was going to be taken off the web page, as there were so many already sold.I just visited the website, and I noticed the pre order link is still active, but the price has increased by 50.00 USD since I ordered, still it's 100.00 USD less than the final price will be.

I'm hoping that techlogik misses the estimate mark by a bunch of months, but if you just ordered, don't waste your time sitting by your mailbox in March, waiting for a package from WM9. It would be wonderful if I was proven wrong, but considering this project is about a year behind schedule now, what's a few more months. I do know one thing, having gotten watches from George in the past, you won't be disappointed.

Arthur

March 2011 you meant right?

Where can you pick up a 3135 for $1200?!?! Best I have seen is around $1700+...

Thanks for your replies.

I come across one for around $1200 before but it not a big deal if i have to pay $1700 for one. I may actually just buy a whole gen seadweller. I almost bought it before but everytime i went watch shopping and tried it on i went home with a different watch. I normally prefer 42mm or larger. However, i love the classic look of the seadweller.

As far as the wait, i have all the time in the world. I just wanted to see the quality of watchmaker 9's watches. Im a gen collector (aquatimer chrono, pam104, nardin maxi marine) but i have one SOSF rep (not very happy as the dial had some strange scratch lines on it and a faint marking). I can't wait to see the seadweller.

ha, some of us have been waiting since early February, and many more since before that, I think.

With the gen movement, will you also need hands, and a datewheel? It'll be nice to see the end result of that.

Thanks fingerlove.

Yeah, if i go that route i will change the whole assembly - movement, dial, hands, and crown. But then again, i may jut pick up a used gen from one of my watch dealers. If i choose to go frankin, ill post the photos and details.

Guest techlogik

Wow !!! March... how can you wait ??? It's very Long

About the 3135, I've seen one for 1300$ on the bay the last week... don't know if it's still available... I will look

Then, good wait

Best I found today was around $1700 on the bay...

I would buy one for $1200 if pretty much new, or fairly newed and serviced...in a second...

Thanks for your replies.

I come across one for around $1200 before but it not a big deal if i have to pay $1700 for one. I may actually just buy a whole gen seadweller. I almost bought it before but everytime i went watch shopping and tried it on i went home with a different watch. I normally prefer 42mm or larger. However, i love the classic look of the seadweller.

As far as the wait, i have all the time in the world. I just wanted to see the quality of watchmaker 9's watches. Im a gen collector (aquatimer chrono, pam104, nardin maxi marine) but i have one SOSF rep (not very happy as the dial had some strange scratch lines on it and a faint marking). I can't wait to see the seadweller.

I presume you wouldn't be taking the movement out of a gen to swap it into a rep of the same watch??! lol