When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Enicar

Guest avitt

Enicar is a Swiss brand that I became vaguely acquainted with a few years ago, while searching for Valjoux 72 movement donors. Over the years, I have come to appreciate the design of their early Sherpa line of sport watches, and have noticed recently as the prices have really started to climb.

I was recently Googling around for info on Enicar, when I came across this collection photo:

3337521034_05b43e0d65_b.jpg

:wub: ...Tell me if you have ever seen a more visually interesting array of vintage watches!

As I have always been a fan of the compressor style (dual crown dive watches), I set off to find myself a nice example.

Here are a couple of quick, phone camera pics of my first Enicar (well, second, if you count the one that I ripped apart to build a DW Daytona), a Sherpa 600 Super-Dive Super-Compressor:

12012009594g.jpg

12012009596.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Here's a bit of useless info about Enicar-

Enicar was created when Artiste Racine (Racine Watch Co.) spelled his name backwards and created a hearty brand that many people are unfamiliar over 90 years later. A special time existed for Enicar in the sixties and seventies when they developed their own automatic movements & focused on sport watches in addition to the rare odd vintage-modern designs featured here. The Sherpa models are named for the 1956 Swiss Himalayan expedition that relied on Enicar timepieces.

O/S