When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Success !.. final stage of Bezel insert aging

lanikai

It will be perhaps 2 more weeks for this sample to be to where I want it.. but so far in the final stage of aging (2 months) it looks great!!

This is a Yuki insert.. the other insert (wholesale outlet)does not seem to have the same metallic look under the paint.. although I need to take the wholesale outlet insert through the same process as the Yuki insert to find out..

the naked eye view the insert as even in colour and a nice subtle metallic sheen .. the camera lens however makes every spec look more intense than it really is.. my point being that it looks much better with the naked eye but you get the rough idea with these pics.. I had to take it in full on sunlight .. I think after another 2 or 3 weeks it will look perfect in the images in the shade also.. right now it looks good in shade but the lens does not pick up the real essence of the metallic..

different angles bring different shades of metallic

202aandagedbezel007.jpg

A nice metallic sheen~

202aandagedbezel009.jpg

202aandagedbezel015.jpg

202aandagedbezel023.jpg

This image has a little too bright.. but I didn't want to dampen the exposure..and loose too much metallic.. the actual colour is not this light, but close.

202aandagedbezel018.jpg

I consider this to be a "Community" project,.. since the RWG community chimed in with their own methods and projects.. so for the final stage of my aging project I used a method that others have tried and together it has been a success..

view all the methods here>Vintage insert aging

finally a metallic look to the aging insert project :thumbsupsmileyanim: :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Can you figure out what the total process was ??? :lol:

AC/Lani

looks great lani -- congrats on a finished project :victory:

i've been meaning to start my own insert aging project since reading your thread. will yuki sell inserts individually?

i need to dig up the pics i took of my aged genuine (vintage) insert a while back & post them here -- yours looks very close :tu:

deltatahoe

looks great lani -- congrats on a finished project :victory:

i've been meaning to start my own insert aging project since reading your thread. will yuki sell inserts individually?

i need to dig up the pics i took of my aged genuine (vintage) insert a while back & post them here -- yours looks very close :tu:

deltatahoe

thanks B .. the finished insert is still a few weeks away.. with the naked eye it looks mush better than the images though.. the metallic sheen is what you want to strive for as the genuine insert of that era I've seen in person are almost silver in colour.. so a little more.

and yes Yuki's sells the insert ala carte.. and the correct acrylic pearl, the pearl that comes with the bezel is incorrect but the hole is the correct size for the acrylic pearl.. the insert is about 35 usd... the best I've found so far for capturing the gen. look after aging.

AC/Lani

with the naked eye it looks mush better than the images though.. the metallic sheen is what you want to strive for as the genuine insert of that era I've seen in person are almost silver in colour.. so a little more.

yeah i specifically remember how hard it was to take a picture of my aged insert to accurately capture the color of the insert. in the end, i ended up putting it on a white piece of paper. i think it would probably be best sitting next to a new, unaged insert.

and yes Yuki's sells the insert ala carte.. and the correct acrylic pearl, the pearl that comes with the bezel is incorrect but the hole is the correct size for the acrylic pearl.. the insert is about 35 usd... the best I've found so far for capturing the gen. look after aging.

AC/Lani

strange. so if i'm reading your post right, he sells an insert with an incorrect pearl, then also sells a correct acrylic pearl? :huh:

deltatahoe

strange. so if i'm reading your post right, he sells an insert with an incorrect pearl, then also sells a correct acrylic pearl? :huh:

deltatahoe

yeah.. you can figure out why ... :whistling:

I have a bunch though .. one left of a vintage look with the lume patinaed, through various other sources through the years.