When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

DG2813 from cousins with recessed cannon pin!

plaifender

Hey guys, i'm swapping out the asian21j in my puretime PO for a DG2813 i just ordered from cousins.. everything was going great until i tried to put back on the hands! Turns out that the original movement has a really teeeeny tiny canon pin protruding from the tube... whereas in the new replacement movement it's recessed! I can't stack the hands on the new movement because the canon pin doesn't protrude! Anyone know if there's a 2813 available with tall canon pin? It'd be a lot easier to source another movement if it had taller canon pin than break down both movements and swap the parts... (since i've never done that before.. and frankly it doesn't interest me in the least!)...

anyone chime in on this? Did a quick search on the subject of recessed DG2813s ... comes up empty every time...

Happy holidays,

-plai

The ofrei 2813s I've bought have the taller "seconds" cannon. Like you, I got a cousins that had the recessed pin and my seconds hand would not attach... BUT, their 4813s have short canons...

The ofrei 2813s I've bought have the taller "seconds" cannon. Like you, I got a cousins that had the recessed pin and my seconds hand would not attach... BUT, their 4813s have short canons...

JMB.. did you mean.. "BUT" their 4813s have TALL cannons.. (confused by what you wrote a little bit).

@plaifender,

Watch Bitz have a large quantity on the way...Hi Beat 2813 with the tall cannon pinion.

These are only made to special order, and have a minimum order requirement.

I hope to see stocks early in the New Year.

Offshore

By hi-beat 2813.. you mean the 4813 right? My impression was that the 4813 IS the high beat 28,8kbps version of the 2813....

@plaifender.

My supplier calls it a High beat 2813- high cannon pinion, but if a 4813 is the 28800 version, then such it is.

They are on order, and being built right now, and I expect to have them around Christmas.

I do think that some confusion reigns, even in China, over exactly what each movement is!!!

So as soon as they are available, I will post.

Offshore

Plaifender, no I did mean "short" as in once you get a datewheel overlay installed and a dial spacer you won't be able to re-fit the hands!

I read a post on a different forum that indicated there were high and low beat versions of both 2813 and 4813. Someone seemed pretty confident that the -1 in either was a low beat and a -2 was the high beat.

Offshore, do you have a ballpark figure on what these will retail for or is it too early to discuss such things?