When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Super Avenger 2009

Samurai

Ok guys.....spilling the beans.... :p

This is the 2009 SA that is going to be released today. You should see it on Josh's site in a few hours....if not already there.

I have already put in my order for the white dial on rubber.

With a sub $300 price point ... it's a no-brainer.

The lume dots look pretty good acutally.

It's a rep..

through careful examination .. and thorough fact finding

plus, I got the same untouched pics :rofl:

it looks really good..although I'm gonna pass on this one.. the SA's just won't get the wrist time for me..

and Breitling is so generic looking already.. nothing new.. now the SA Blacksteel may be another story :good:

AC/Lani

It's a rep..

through careful examination .. and thorough fact finding

plus, I got the same untouched pics :rofl:

it looks really good..although I'm gonna pass on this one.. the SA's just won't get the wrist time for me..

and Breitling is so generic looking already.. nothing new.. now the SA Blacksteel may be another story :good:

AC/Lani

Brilliant deduction powers Lani.... :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Seems like the SA Blacksteel may be only a month away. Then again....this has been the story for the last 10 months :p

Most obvious tell is that on the rep sub dials: there are different sized numbers. The gen shows them all to be the same size! This was a trait from BLACKSTEEL ONLY, not from the normal SA's!

A few more tells on the rep is that the stencilled numbers have a painted line thru them, whereas on the gen dial, the numbers are in 2 parts (gen dial below)

DSC_0061.jpg

d7041dfb.jpg

On the black dial, the numbers are black chrome on the gen. The rep appears to be off white

also, the Rep chrome date window is slighty bigger than the aperture

Brilliant deduction powers Lani.... :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Seems like the SA Blacksteel may be only a month away. Then again....this has been the story for the last 10 months :p

Yuppers when the economy went South so did a lot of projects on the table .. I'm waiting for that one.. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Most obvious tell is that on the rep sub dials: there are different sized numbers. The gen shows them all to be the same size! This was a trait from BLACKSTEEL ONLY, not from the normal SA's!

Interesting point. This quote from Josh's site would explain this blunder...

Made with a Genuine Blacksteel Super Avenger as Sample..

funny - i liked the black rep dial more then the gen dial -

"more flashy" somehow .... after i installed the gen dial

the watch became boring :)

maybe i should try a white dial someday.

cheers,

Frank

I had an interesting observation whilst trying on a Super Avenger next to a regular Skyland at the AD. While the Super is Bigger/Wider, the height is not higher. The actual larger diameter makes it less top heavy, and more comfortable.

However, I still think you need a 7" wrist or larger. 7" being bare minimum IMHO