When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

EL CG and caseback for 127

z3k0

I'm trying to put together fiddy for myself for a while, and it usually gets postponed by some other priorities. So far I've done some research, and got myself movement, dial, hands, case and about to order crystal from DSN. I have one qeustion - what is so amazing about EL CG and caseback ? I know about his front loading case, his dial etc, but I'm interested in CG and caseback. Some of you probably noted there is one set for sale currently, but I'm kind of put off by price asked. That is why I'm asking here, since CG and caseback are currently missing parts for my fiddy, I'm wondering is it worth, compared to e.g. DSN CG and caseback ?

Thanks and regards

EL CG is not particularly better than anyone else's. Also the caseback is the standard 117 caseback. It is the case and dial that makes the EL special.

On my EL caseback it says "swiss made on the back of the steel ring.

And I have two E0117/1950 casebacks and no one of them fits my EL case ( wrong size on the threads?!) and they do not have the "swiss made" on the back either :mellow:

Edited by dluddy

Thank you all guys for your comments. That is why I love this place - you can learn something new every day. :clapping: Side effect is that you are never actually done with your projects, there is always something better you can do :) :)

There seems to be a trend of folks labeling parts "EL". This doesn't always mean they are the best available.

Sadly, I think it is being done to justify ridiculous prices whistling.gif

Exactly, that is why I like to do some research when choosing what to go for.

regards

If your 117 case back does not fit your Eddie Lee case than you most likely have one of the earlier "492" or "581" cases. Eddie went through several versions before ending up with his "Ultimate 4rth Edition".

Kruzer - I also understand that not all the EL fiddy/217 casebacks have "swiss made" on the back of the ring. Is that your understanding as well?