When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

How does this UPO look?

AllergyDoc

With the talk about misprinted dials on the black/white version of the current batch of UPOs, I thought I would post these pics to get opinions. This is the watch Mary has purchased for me. (I'm still waiting on the rubber strap, which she is having trouble locating for some reason.)

4188540118_d79cae5856_o.jpg

4187777719_dde6213140_o.jpg

4187777901_45219de181_o.jpg

4187777995_67ac235514_o.jpg

4187778055_2b75abc728_o.jpg

I think the HE valve is too low and the second hand isn't long enough.

Pics from Mark:

2169-418_sml14.jpg

2169-418_sml15.jpg

2169-418_sml17.jpg

(I always thought it was a nice touch when Ruby would write your name on a slip of paper and include it with your watch photo. That way you knew she wasn't using a stock pic.)

It's nice. But you're right, the second hand should reach the outer perimeter of the minute ticks, and the HEV valve is as far below the ten o'clock marker as it should be above. If you wanted to get anal (not that there's anything wrong with that), the lume is too 'green' to gen and the date wheel is too deep. It's a shame too, because people really notice these things in real life.

How much?

gen

omega45po1.jpg

man thats boring i ordered a swiss upo last week too from precious T,i ordered because the rep was so good, but this is not that good as it was :(

Dun Worry !!!! :D

No matter what UPO you get if it has the eta engine you will eventually want to "Franken it".. we've already started setting you up for chiefs next AR run.. with my spare rep crystal.. so yours doesn't have to be "down"

and eventually you will want the gen dial and hands.. cutoms is not an issue .. I believe some members have a watchsmith in EU that can do the swap.. so no fear of crossing customs borders.

this is my "Franken" UPO gen dial .. I opted not to get the gen hands .. Ziggy just re-lumed the hands to match the dial stregnth .. but the gen hands are like 35 usd..

the gen parts are not expensive considering it is a genuine brand name.. so just enjoy your rep for now.. when you are ready to build .. no worries :1a:.. the shipping of the parts is not a problem.

upogenrep008.jpg

upogenrep012.jpg

upogenrep026.jpg

upogenrep028.jpg

I have the rep dials.. somewhere.. if I can find them.. I cannot promise that I will.. you can have them.. but like I say.. eventually you will want to go Franken.. as you evolve in this hobby.. that is the really fun part of rep collecting.. 8)

AC/Lani

hey lani i never seen a so optimistik and positiv thinking man like you :D but the thing is i bought another watch the doc also did, and he and maybe me getting not the watch that we orderd, thats the boring point for me :whistling:

i know i will get the best help in the word here, because you are around here :)

thank you

I'm with Lani on this one. If you want to be really anal, you could send it back.. but if you plan on keeping the UPO for a LONG time you mind as well enjoy it as it is and opt for some genuine parts in the near future. Like he said.. gen hands and a dial would really make the watch almost perfect..

But then again on second thought... If the HE valve is indeed to low.. that's not really fixable. Since you didn't have one clean "straight-on" shot of the HE valve alignment with the dial.. i couldn't see if it's too low or not. If it is.. maybe you should see if you can get one with correct HE valve placement...

She hasn't shipped it to me yet as she says she's having trouble sourcing a good rubber strap.

She did say she would source me a "Ultimate" PO. I've sent her an email requesting she get the right one.

She didn't give me a straight on pic, but you can see in the 2nd pic the HE valve is too low.

Edited by AllergyDoc

My UPO also has a mis-printed dial. My 12 hangs to the right and my 6 hangs to the left but with the happy feet who cares. It looks like my second hand is the correct length. Like others have said I live with the dial because I intend the at the very least do a gen dial upgrade one day. I still love the watch and its in my regular rotation.

IMG_3399.jpg

just a short note on "alignment" in pics... it's is difficult to ascertain the 'exact" positioning of the object though a pic..

the slightest angle of the watch-lens ratio will make the object appear misaligned..

the HeV should be as the gen in real time.. once you get the watch .. it will be different from pics.. the second hand can be fixed.. again you Cannot" trust the pics due to the camera angle and the positioning of the case in relation to the camera..

this is SOP with our hobby .. the fixes can be what you really get into.. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

just ma .02

L

@Dems: $235 w/the rubber band as well. ETA-clone.

Good price, but what you're paying for. For another $60 you could have gotten ETA, correct HEV position, minute hand, aligned dial, magnetic cover, rubber strap with correct buckle from Joshua.

These mods these others are talking about? To bring this up to speed? I guess. Even at cheap Ofrei prices? More than $60. Are you going to do the work yourself? More than more than $60. Personally speaking Doc? Your above 'entry level' watches to save $60. Did your property taxes go up again? :lol:

Anyhoo, to be honest, there's not a watch in this whole thread I wouldn't be happy to wear as is..................

just a short note on "alignment" in pics... it's is difficult to ascertain the 'exact" positioning of the object though a pic..

the slightest angle of the watch-lens ratio will make the object appear misaligned..

True. What I need is a straight-on shot. At least.

Good price, but what you're paying for. For another $60 you could have gotten ETA, correct HEV position, minute hand, aligned dial, magnetic cover, rubber strap with correct buckle from Joshua.

Josh's ETA-clone is $248 + 25 + 65 (rubber band) = $338

These mods these others are talking about? To bring this up to speed? I guess. Even at cheap Ofrei prices? More than $60. Are you going to do the work yourself? More than more than $60. Personally speaking Doc? Your above 'entry level' watches to save $60. Did your property taxes go up again? :lol:

Anyhoo, to be honest, there's not a watch in this whole thread I wouldn't be happy to wear as is..................

I'm saving $100, and it should be the same watch as Josh's. :bleh:

I would not be doing any modding like this myself. But if I really like it, I would be willing to pay someone to switch out the parts and give the movement a service.

"You're"

Don't buy that. If you are ok with those inaccuracies, get yourself a $100 45.5mm POrikka, save $120, and be done with it.

With what you're willing to pay for that, consider yourself in for a penny in for a pound. Whether this is something you plan to mod or not, getting a correct case w/ proper He valve placement is a MUST at the very least (@ this price point)

Don't do it.

gen dial~ 200 usd

gen crystal~ 200 usd.... chief's 50 usd

gen hands around 45 usd

gen tube/crown~ around 45 usd .. SOP for funtion.

gen bezel over 200 usd and the case would need heavy modding for the gen bezel to fit.. this would push the franken over the edge and too close to a genuine used PO..

All the hands are too short.The P and O on the caseback are too small and there appears to be extra engraving on the caseback aswell, I also can't make out a serial number on the lug. I've got doughts that this IS a UPO

Comparing my UPO's He position to the one in pic 4 would have given the best comparison as to whether the position was correct.

On this pic, however, the bezel has been turned 1 minute clockwise making a comparison a little awkward to properley call.

Damn you perspective :D

I'd tend to reject it. It doesn't seem to be a UPO.

All the reasons mentioned before - short hands (I agree; all look short), HE position, engravings.

And for me date wheel looks low and the font looks off.

EDIT - and the pearl is wrong. Omegas don't have raised pearls.....

I was confused at first. I thoght you already had the watch in your posession! Good thing you don't! cancel the order and tell them you'll find the watch somewhere else. Or at least source you a proper UPO. I got my Swiss ETA (verified) UPO for $245 and it seems nearly perfect apart from single sided AR out of the box. Good luck and good hunting