When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Panda PAM

siesta181

So I had a 7753 Hamilton that I could not move on the forums.

I was contemplating on building a 188 but when I saw how beautiful Kruezer's Panda was... I was sold. Some quick pics of a watch that very nearly did not come to fruition... Sorry for the bad pics. They really dont do justice to the watch but I just can't wait till the weekend. SO here goes....

DSC02664.jpg

DSC02667.jpg

DSC02662.jpg

DSC02661.jpg

Dial and hands were lumed by Ziggi with a clear matte coat applied on the dial. Brilliant result.

Watch was then assembled by Spinmaster. Thanks guys.

Don't think it will leave my wrist anytime soon.

Thanks for looking.

Cheers

S181

I am sure glad I didn't. But as you would already know Rob, this won't be the only Panda here. Very soon, it will be joined by its twin....as early as a week from now... :D

Congrats on your Panda. It looks great. On the sister tread carefully as the one you have ends up with a perfect dial after Rob's dial coating. The black with silver sub-dials suffers from the wrong materal in the subdials. The subdials should be matte grey (very similar to the 162). The rep dial's sub dials actually looks like brushed metal which can't be cured by coating.

WIth regards to the clear coat, perhaps Ziggi will chime in on this. But I think its applied after the lume.

Yes its a LEO datewheel. The positioning of the dates are in fact better than my Lello datewheel thats on my 250. Its a tad thick though.

I dont have the financial bandwidth to do another 7753 daylight, Kruz. Its just that I know that there's another black and white Panda dial set on the way back to its owner here and will soon make its debut on RWG.

Cheers

S181

I am sure glad I didn't. But as you would already know Rob, this won't be the only Panda here. Very soon, it will be joined by its twin....as early as a week from now... :D

Identical twins, I must add, even down to the strap! ;)

Damn, she looks extra-sweet in the photos, mate!! :wub:

You are correct, I do apply the clear matte finish after the lume.

Always appreciate your wonderful & great work! :notworthy:

Congrats on your Panda. It looks great. On the sister tread carefully as the one you have ends up with a perfect dial after Rob's dial coating. The black with silver sub-dials suffers from the wrong materal in the subdials. The subdials should be matte grey (very similar to the 162). The rep dial's sub dials actually looks like brushed metal which can't be cured by coating.

Absolutely wonderful advice, kruz... Unless of course, one is able to obtain a gen 162 dial, like you! ;)

I dont have the financial bandwidth to do another 7753 daylight, Kruz. Its just that I know that there's another black and white Panda dial set on the way back to its owner here and will soon make its debut on RWG.

Cheers

S181

Too funny, I have a case, dial and handset for that Panda that has been sitting with Ziggy for years, literally. I cannibalized the movement to make the one and only legendary Honpo 7753 187 Franken.

Its been raining since yesterday evening so I was unable to shoot in natural light. Some pics update and recipe that went into this project.

1. EL 188 case

2. 7753 from a Hamilton

3. LEO 7753 datewheel and T48 crown

4. Hands and dial lumed by Ziggi with a matte coat applied afterwards.

5. Assembled by Spinmaster.

DSC02701.jpg

DSC02718.jpg

DSC02720.jpg

DSC02723.jpg

Did somebody mention a lumeshot? Its by Ziggi.... what do you expect????

DSC02727.jpg

Have a good weekend guys.

Cheers

S181

• 1 month later...