When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Convince Not To Buy This Gen Sub!

HauteHippie

Lots of great late model subs out there. Why would this 2005 model not have any papers yer it still is in plastic? I'm with Dutchy, pass on this one, buy from a dealer. Lots of goood dealers have late model trade ins. You will have the peace of mind that comes with having all the "goodies". Also when you decide to flip it in a few months to buy something else, having all the boxes,papers, etc. will enhance the value plus make it easier to sell.

This watch is probably 100% authentic, but why take the chance. Also, he only takes bank wires, so when you send the wire, the money is gone!! What If it has problems, flaws, etc. just as an example, i saw a fellow on another genuine watch forum asking what he should do about a Doxa, almost brand new, that he forgot to screw down the crown, and the watch flooded. He was asking if it would be OK to sell it!! DUH, no, not without a full disclaimer, description of the problems and at a huge discount. He's honest, and wouldn't sell without revealing the problem, but lots of flea-bay sellers are not and will stick you with an expensive problem.

Just my opinion, for what it's worth.

Lots of great late model subs out there. Why would this 2005 model not have any papers yer it still is in plastic? I'm with Dutchy, pass on this one, buy from a dealer. Lots of goood dealers have late model trade ins. You will have the peace of mind that comes with having all the "goodies". Also when you decide to flip it in a few months to buy something else, having all the boxes,papers, etc. will enhance the value plus make it easier to sell.

This watch is probably 100% authentic, but why take the chance. Also, he only takes bank wires, so when you send the wire, the money is gone!! What If it has problems, flaws, etc. just as an example, i saw a fellow on another genuine watch forum asking what he should do about a Doxa, almost brand new, that he forgot to screw down the crown, and the watch flooded. He was asking if it would be OK to sell it!! DUH, no, not without a full disclaimer, description of the problems and at a huge discount. He's honest, and wouldn't sell without revealing the problem, but lots of flea-bay sellers are not and will stick you with an expensive problem.

Just my opinion, for what it's worth.

See. Now that was convincing. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Ok you asked for it....

Rolex watches cost more than they are worth.....

How can a watch that is massed produced from ordinary materials, with a very ordinary movement possibly be worth that much money..???

Shoot, you can buy one that looks almost exactly like it, runs as nicely ,with a movement that'll run forever for under $200.00 from virtually any dealer here...

The only redeeming factor is that there are enough fools out there that'll pay a ton of money for a used one, that you'll not lose much when you sell it...

I would rather enjoy my "stable" of rolex reps, AND be able to track my CD balances on line than have a ton of money tied up in my watch drawer, and no cd's to track...

:whistling::whistling::whistling:

Im not convincing? Damn man, thought that after a watch purchase we'd be buddies :lol:

P.S. Can't wait for that bad boy to arrive.

Well no..............the prob is you look to much like a chick :lol:

*runs ducking and weaving*

Ken :D