When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Planet Ocean (4th gen) Son's Christmas Present?

kerouacknew

Hi,

I am new to the forum and replica watches.

Hope u can guys can bear with me as i am looking for some help.

i am looking to purchase a replica Planet Ocean(4th gen)for my son for Christmas.

He just recently decided he would like one and i am just looking for a few recommendations on dealers where i could purchase one. I have been browsing the site and trying to pick up as much info as i can but i would like to order one ASAP so that he can have it hopefully not too much after Christmas.

I(we) are not too picky about it being an exact replica. Just looking for a something well crafted, attractive and reliable. I would rather spend a little more for a well made one than a cheap one that well not last very long.

Thanks,

Shawn

I assume the 42 mm.. these are not easy to come by in a short time.. you may check with some dealers.. perfect clones.. Trustywatch.. King... Watch International.. or post a WTB.. (want to buy) in the trade section..

the 4th generation PO is the best for the 42mm .. because it accepts genuine parts .. ie. dial etc.

the pics I posted in your intro is the 45 mm UPO's

good luck

AC/Lani

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

I have been looking around and doing some more research.

I have checked out Watcheden and Timepieces.ws. Also Eurotimez and Prowatch polo.

The later two have higher prices and was just wondering if it i will get a better quality piece by spending more money.

As i said i am just looking for something reliable and well made as opposed to an exact replica piece.

Have given up the idea of it being here for Christmas but would still like to get it for him as soon as possible.

Hi Shawn, I guess you already found our PO's, (http://www.eurotimez88.com/advanced_search_result.php?keywords=planet+ocean&osCsid=8957e324108a01ac82b5d2e657ec677f&search.x=0&search.y=0)

When ordering from us we perform extensive QC, and provide pictures of your watch for you to approve before ship off

We check that there is no dust, no scratches, that the hands are nice without imperfections, the bezel is smoothly turned, the crown is easily screwed in and out, the clasp functions well, that the date resets at 24.00, that screws (if any) on the strap is easily screwed in and out.

We test the watch

Well there you go Shawn, you wont go wrong with eurotimez, a well respected dealer. How old Is your son? If he Is a big boy with a decent size wrist (around 7 In) he might like the 45.5mm better. It's more substantial on the wrist. If he Is smaller then the 42mm will be perfect Im sure, good luck and let us know how It go's :thumbsupsmileyanim: Mike

My first rep was the 45 Ultimate PO. It really is a beautiful watch and has a great weight to it. I got mine from Andrew (www.trustywatchguy.com) and had no problems with customs etc.

Im glad that you like your PO, they are Indeed beautiful watches. I purchased my first rep(po chrono) from Andrew, no problems at all :thumbsupsmileyanim: Mike

Thank u for all those who posted reply's.

This seems like a great forum.

I ended up ordering a Seamaster from Watcheden for my son.

Just figured an inexpensive, quartz version might be a good fit for him as he is 17 and not exactly at a gentile age to care for something well.

I am looking for something a little nicer for myself thou now : )

I am considering a UPO from Eurotimez(thanks for posting also) just not 100% sure which one i prefer yet.

Also, the used Gen Seamaster in the used section has also caught my eye. Not sure which way to go at the moment.

Thanks again for the advice and keep it coming.