When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

With All Of These People On Ebay Selling Replicas...

Goochenbrau

just for the record, I would never do it. I sell records, among other things, and wouldnt want to mess that up. Plus, I would have a problem ripping someone off like that.

I'm with you man...

I sell records too, and gives me the cash, so I don't have to sell replica watches! ;)

I have no problem with people selling reps on ebay, as long as it is clear that is what they are. People selling reps as gens on the other hand.... :angry:

True, and yet that is the inherent problem with ebay. If someone says its a replica the auction gets cancelled right away, while the seller that insists its genuine (despite photos that show otherwise) will usually be left alone. Ultimately its buyer beware, if it seems to good to be true - it probably is.

True, and yet that is the inherent problem with ebay. If someone says its a replica the auction gets cancelled right away, while the seller that insists its genuine (despite photos that show otherwise) will usually be left alone. Ultimately its buyer beware, if it seems to good to be true - it probably is.

Very true.

If the price is circa $200-300 then you've got to be a fool to think that you are buying a gen for that amount of money.

But then again, as the saying goes. "a fool and his money are easily parted"

• 3 weeks later...

I think that if you are in the USA you are asking for trouble. As someone mentioned, if you are honest, your auction gets pulled in a flash, try too many times and your account is cancelled. If you are evasive, but try to put in a few key words, or think the price of 200 USD "buy it now" will suffice, think again. Some guy will cruise through the Rolex Sub listings, hit your "buy it now" button, take delivery, tell all his friends what a great deal he got on a Rolex on Ebay, which will be fine until one of his friends tells him, "Sorry Charlie" you bought a fake"!! Then all hell breaks lose, he reports you to Ebay, Paypal, et al, and all of a sudden you are in trouble with Ebay and Paypal, as well as those nosy Rolex folks, who have a nasty way of making replica dealers very unhappy.

I believe that your only safe venure for selling reps is to use the member sale section of the various Forums. Of course that means that your buying population is only a fraction of the Ebay population, but at least you shouldn't have the hassle and worry.

Having said all this, I know that there are PLENTY of fakes on Ebay, but most of the obvious ones are coming from China. The not so obvious ones are the reason that most serious Rolex buyers are very reluctant to buy a genuine off Ebay, unless you know the dealer has a solid reputation and will stand behind his sale. Paying 200 dollars for a watch that turns out to be fake is one thing, spending 3-4k for a fake is quite another.

A month ago, I had no idea that reps as good as the ones I've seen on this page existed. Now that I'm aware of them, it seems to me that I'd have to be intimately familiar with the details of a specific model before I could even consider buying one on eBay. I'd rather buy a rep knowing I'm buying a rep than take a chance with something that might or might not be genuine.

Edited by Waxon Waxoff

• 1 month later...

I have a lot of old reps (5) which i would love to get rid off to get cash to support my addiction for new ones.like others mentioned here, on ebay whenever i mention its a rep the listing gets cancelled and ive had an account suspended cos of this.i would never dream of giving the impression that im selling a gen though.

has anybody figured a way out of this yet? i was thinking maybe mention in the listing that "all bidders should contact me before bidding" and then when they do i can let them know its a rep? or do u guys think this is a wrong way to go about it? i would really love to make this work and get rid of the old ones to free up cash for new ones.

i so desperately want a navitimer and a B4B i can almost see it on my wrist :(

doesnt help either that i just lost a bentley gt to customs last week

any thoughts guys?

I have a lot of old reps (5) which i would love to get rid off to get cash to support my addiction for new ones.like others mentioned here, on ebay whenever i mention its a rep the listing gets cancelled and ive had an account suspended cos of this.i would never dream of giving the impression that im selling a gen though.

has anybody figured a way out of this yet? i was thinking maybe mention in the listing that "all bidders should contact me before bidding" and then when they do i can let them know its a rep? or do u guys think this is a wrong way to go about it? i would really love to make this work and get rid of the old ones to free up cash for new ones.

i so desperately want a navitimer and a B4B i can almost see it on my wrist :(

doesnt help either that i just lost a bentley gt to customs last week

any thoughts guys?

Why don't you upgrade your membership and then attempt to sell your reps on the forum?

JTB

Why don't you upgrade your membership and then attempt to sell your reps on the forum?

JTB

Hi!

Yup I was planning to do that too, soon

Although I doubt anybody here would be interested in the Breitling reps I currently have, they are pretty crappy compared to the quality reps that are being discussed here daily (the kind im looking forward to purchasing ever since i found out about this forum!)