When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Search for Rolex Vintage Classics

nielest

There used to be several dealers selling MBW, but obviously most of them have fallen by the wayside. George used to sell them, but I don't think he is still selling.It looks like Eurotimez has them on their website. I don't know where all their watches are shipped from, but I got a DSSD from them a few days back, and it was shipped from China.

I agree, the MBW is the only way to go that is reasonable. If you had plenty of money,time and skills to do the stuff yourself, you could get a Yuki case, Genuine Bezel,Insert, crown, tube, dial/hands and Rolex 1570 Movement, and you would have the ultimate Franken. Done correctly, they are virtually indestinguishable from the genuine. Of course, you would have several thousand dollars invested in a watch that still wasn't the real thing, but very,very close.

On a more reasonable note, you can start with an MBW, upgrade the Crystal, insert, crown/tube and reshape the crown guards to genuine shape, and you wil still have a very nice watch that would fool any but the most avid WIS, until you removed the caseback and revealed the ETA movement. But short of that it would be a really nice watch. If you look at the watch sales forum occasionally these come up already fully or partially modded. I just bought a 1680 White dial in really nice condition that has a genuine crystal, crown/tube and a better aftermarket bezel insert. I know of a forum member who has a MBW GWSD, no idea how much modding if any, but he is selling some reps, and may be interested in selling that one. Pm me if you want me to contact him.

Good Luck

Arthur

There used to be several dealers selling MBW, but obviously most of them have fallen by the wayside. George used to sell them, but I don't think he is still selling.It looks like Eurotimez has them on their website. I don't know where all their watches are shipped from, but I got a DSSD from them a few days back, and it was shipped from China.

I agree, the MBW is the only way to go that is reasonable. If you had plenty of money,time and skills to do the stuff yourself, you could get a Yuki case, Genuine Bezel,Insert, crown, tube, dial/hands and Rolex 1570 Movement, and you would have the ultimate Franken. Done correctly, they are virtually indestinguishable from the genuine. Of course, you would have several thousand dollars invested in a watch that still wasn't the real thing, but very,very close.

On a more reasonable note, you can start with an MBW, upgrade the Crystal, insert, crown/tube and reshape the crown guards to genuine shape, and you wil still have a very nice watch that would fool any but the most avid WIS, until you removed the caseback and revealed the ETA movement. But short of that it would be a really nice watch. If you look at the watch sales forum occasionally these come up already fully or partially modded. I just bought a 1680 White dial in really nice condition that has a genuine crystal, crown/tube and a better aftermarket bezel insert. I know of a forum member who has a MBW GWSD, no idea how much modding if any, but he is selling some reps, and may be interested in selling that one. Pm me if you want me to contact him.

Good Luck

Arthur

Thanks Pan153,

I've managed to source a good base to start with from Hont, it's a new upgraded version of the MBW quality. It's good. Thanks for your help. I'll begin my world of vintage modding asap!

Good Luck

Arthur

Thanks Pan153,

I've managed to source a good base to start with from Hont, it's a new upgraded version of the MBW quality. It's good. Thanks for your help. I'll begin my world of vintage modding asap!