When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

If not for RWG......

lanikai

I made my rounds to the Pharmacist this morning to pick up meds for Mom and Dad..

I noticed the Pharmacist had on what appeared to be a Rolex but even from a distance it appeared strange.

So I get up to the counter..

and as casually as I can .. because he was "handling" his wrist in the fashion a poser would. :lol:

I try and get a good look at the beast... it had a poor rep ceramic bezel.. vintage lugs .. a red GMT hand.. :yuk:

It was like trying to read a paragraph, that was not only full of misspelling, but had no subject line...

he really couldn't see my eyes with my shades on..but he was obviously trying to get me to notice his watch..

I had on my 202A.. love that one.. :wub: I tried not to be overtly obvious in passing him the script with my left hand.. but seeing his rep.. I figured he had no clue what I was wearing..or thought the dial was definitely not a Panerai.. :rolleyes: cause I see him trying to catch a glimpse of my wrist.. funny..

I'm seeing more reps in Hawaii now, we do take 3 to 5 years longer than the average for fashions or whateva, that hit Conus.

but maybe on some trip back I should tactfully let him know that RWG could help him out... :thumbsupsmileyanim:

AC/Lani

I made my rounds to the Pharmacist this morning to pick up meds for Mom and Dad..

I noticed the Pharmacist had on what appeared to be a Rolex but even from a distance it appeared strange.

So I get up to the counter..

and as casually as I can .. because he was "handling" his wrist in the fashion a poser would. :lol:

I try and get a good look at the beast... it had a poor rep ceramic bezel.. vintage lugs .. a red GMT hand.. :yuk:

It was like trying to read a paragraph, that was not only full of misspelling, but had no subject line...

he really couldn't see my eyes with my shades on..but he was obviously trying to get me to notice his watch..

I had on my 202A.. love that one.. :wub: I tried not to be overtly obvious in passing him the script with my left hand.. but seeing his rep.. I figured he had no clue what I was wearing..or thought the dial was definitely not a Panerai.. :rolleyes: cause I see him trying to catch a glimpse of my wrist.. funny..

I'm seeing more reps in Hawaii now, we do take 3 to 5 years longer than the average for fashions or whateva, that hit Conus.

but maybe on some trip back I should tactfully let him know that RWG could help him out... :thumbsupsmileyanim:

AC/Lani

:lol: It's always funny to see people doing that :lol:

:lol: It's always funny to see people doing that :lol:

Right ??????

they may as well hold it up to your face when talking to ya.. to funny.. the more people do that the more I tend to look down, or act busy doing something else... that I cannot view their obvious gestures..

Right ??????

they may as well hold it up to your face when talking to ya.. to funny.. the more people do that the more I tend to look down, or act busy doing something else... that I cannot view their obvious gestures..

It's even funnier to see people doing it in bars, when all they're flashing is some glass-encrusted quartz worth $5 :lol:

Are you sure about that? Maybe not everyone holds their watch to their forehead saying look at me look at me... :lol:

Could just be the paranoia from all the watch collecting, or lack of the drugs you were trying to pick up.

My guess is however, if he was wearing that bad of a rep, Rolex no less, he wouldn't know a Panerai from a pan of ziti.

I always say "nice replica".. :D

I am always facinated by watches that emmulate the classic Rolex sports design, not replicas basically other brands that make their watches look like a Submariner. A friend of mine was wearing a cheapy £10 watch that he bought at a festival which was in essence a blue plastic submariner. It was kind of cool!

Edited by Davey

That's kinda the same way I saw a volcano APROO while helping a customer. Though his watch was covered by his sleeve, it dis pop out a couple times as he signed his life away on my papers. Low and behold, quartz aproo. His Mercedes must have been a good rep too ;)

Are you sure about that? Maybe not everyone holds their watch to their forehead saying look at me look at me... :lol:

Could just be the paranoia from all the watch collecting, or lack of the drugs you were trying to pick up.

My guess is however, if he was wearing that bad of a rep, Rolex no less, he wouldn't know a Panerai from a pan of ziti.

Probably a subconscious thing. I've gotten more remarks about a watch I'm wearing shortly after I started wearing it than any other time, including the one I've had the past three years. While I'm definitely not trying to flaunt it, obviously I'm doing something different to attract attention to my new piece. That, or the watches are extra shiny the first week or two then suddenly get a dull finish.

why were you wearing sunglasses/shades if you were indoors ? :D

:lol:

they are clip on to my prescription, my eyes are extra sensitive to florescent lighting.. the astigmatism, my eye doc say's

I just leave them on as soon as the Sun comes up.. nothing to do with a "look".. been that way for half my adult life now..

but when someone holds up their wrist to their chest, and wiggles it constantly with their hands.. kinda tells you they want to be noticed.. 8)

I just want to know what you were really doing in the chemists/ pharmacists?? :whistling:

really,.. picking up my Mom and Dad's script..you don't go to a pharmacist..for shit you can get off the street.. been ther done that.. going on 19 years clean.. B)

That's kinda the same way I saw a volcano APROO while helping a customer. Though his watch was covered by his sleeve, it dis pop out a couple times as he signed his life away on my papers. Low and behold, quartz aproo. His Mercedes must have been a good rep too ;)

An awesome example that it's not just people driving 'crappy blue Chevy Novas' who wear reps :victory: