When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Greece Has Just Beaten Usa In The Basketball

V

Well I think the last years we are ready to conquer every sport we care about...

The Americans were tougher than the other teams but by far not worthy of the Greek team..

Not the final with Spain... and the top of the basketball world :bleh:

111101-23860.jpg

You Europeans....sheesh....if they ever played a game w/ NBA rules, the Portland Trailblazers benchwarmers would beat the Greek National team by 50 points.

Plus, I love the spin about not having an NBA player on the team...didn't Vassilis Spanoulis just sign a 3 year deal w/ the Rockets?

Americans cant simply accept defeat ? u guys think you rule in basket ? well us Greeks showed u a bit of what basketball is all about !

like football, the US is soooo [censored] in it, that it promotes it as a girls sport ! what a laught i get when they say that football (or soccer, how they call it) is a girls game !

u have too admit also that u an expert on rep but a little bit bad with greeks also u never won a euro unless u have the better championship in the world!by the way which team do u support?

I'm English and I support England. However, if France isn't playing against England, I support France as I live here. This way, I get to go to the pub twice. :D

ps. How did Greece do in the World Cup? :D

I'm English and I support England. However, if France isn't playing against England, I support France as I live here. This way, I get to go to the pub twice. :D

ps. How did Greece do in the World Cup? :D

SORRY I FORGOT THE LAST EUROBASKET!I DONT REMEMBER WHO TOOK IT REALLY!

WAS ENGLAND?

post-2899-1157615469.jpg

Do you guys only follow basketball during big tournaments, or do you just not get any NBA games on TV?

NBA basketball is practically a different sport from International basketball and requires individual players to have a completely different set of skills and teams to play a completely different strategy. Look, as a greek-american I'm proud of the greek team, but statements like "the US has lost its dominance in basketball" are just flat out dumb--one game played by good-but-not-the-best American players who don't even play together on a regular basis, playing by rules most of them have never played by in their lives isn't exactly a bellweather of who's dominant. A better test is this: the euro players that come over don't exactly have a stellar record--most of them are solid if not remarkable players and given the money NBA teams offer, we can assume these guys are the best europe has to offer.

If the europeans ever decide to put to gether a dream team, come over to play a decent NBA team with NBA rules-I'll gladly take bets on the outcome. After all, if the USA has lost it's dominance, that should be easy, right?

A better test is this: the euro players that come over don't exactly have a stellar record--most of them are solid if not remarkable players and given the money NBA teams offer, we can assume these guys are the best europe has to offer.

Is Tony Parker that bad?

Somehow I forgot to check this topic again..

It was not our talent that won the EURO but our SPIRIT and BALLS ;)

(and of course our defense)

P.S. And we were not surprised we won it.. When we really want something we can achieve even the most amazing stuff

Americans cant simply accept defeat ? u guys think you rule in basket ? well us Greeks showed u a bit of what basketball is all about !

like football, the US is soooo [censored] in it, that it promotes it as a girls sport ! what a laught i get when they say that football (or soccer, how they call it) is a girls game !

The NBA IS an International association, no longer an American one...

As for Greece,... and any country, players do their best to gain the attention of

the NBA hoping to become a part of our American teams...

Your Greek Star, Schortsanitis, has already been purchased by the L.A. Clipppers...

so I will see him being dunked on, by our Kobe on a daily basis... ^_^

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/writ....nba/index.html

How is that possible?

Is that like your World Series being just North America? Your National Basketball Association is International?

What I mean is that NBA teams are made from the best that the world has to offer.

Many, Many of the players are imported from the international market....

Who would have ever thought, that Our tallest player, would come from China... :rolleyes: