When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Tag Link Ladies

P4GTR

Pics aren't the greatest, but here's one of those new ladies TAG Link quartz models. The so called 1:1 genuine, all parts interchangeable, best ladies rep ever better than gen, blah blah blah.

This particular watch came from Reg, always the gentleman. He was reluctant to make any of those superwatch claims though, just offers a fair price and service.

SDC10410.jpg

Some impressions..

Quartz movement. Once you get past the initial reaction, this could actually be a good thing. The gen is quartz. You can actually give your woman this watch without begging the 21j Gods to "please let it still be working when she unwraps it". I am comfortable gifting this watch, a position I haven't found myself in very often in this hobby.

The detractor to this added robustness, would be the bezel and dial stones, typically a rep no-no. However, If these stay put, then this is a fantastic watch for the money. If they come loose, a jewlery repair shop should be able to throw another CZ in. They seem set very well. Nicely aligned, no loose settings to speak of. They do not fire nearly as much as the gen, but that is to be expected. They do fire well, and look great.

SDC10417.jpg

The MOP dial is awesome. It has a wide variation of color depending on the angle and lighting, and plays well with the inner pink dial ring.

SDC10411.jpg

SDC10414.jpg

SDC10415.jpg

SDC10416.jpg

Bracelet. This caused me some major problems. Allow me to say none of these were Reg's fault, he was kind enough to search his spares for me but had none at hand, nor any extra bracelets to part with. If your girl doesn't have a small wrist, say like that of an Asian woman... Then you are going to need more links then it comes with. The factory doesn't want to supply extra links, they want a small fortune for a whole bracelet (asking more than half of what I paid for the watch) if you can convince someone to be willing to get it for you at all. There was not even ONE spare gen link available on Ebay, or even TZ as far as I could see. Good news is, I may actually have found a solution for this, I am working on it as we speak. In the meantime, LapTime has graciously offered to send me two spares he had. Thanks LapTime! A true gentleman. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

SDC10412.jpg

SDC10413.jpg

Other than the possibility of needing a spare link or two, the bracelet quality is excellent, nearing the quality of my gen. The flip lock clasp with the TAG shield emblem has some roughness on the inner portion of the stamping, albeit minor. The engraving on the clasp itself is very well done. The individual links themselves are well done also. A few corners and edges of the folding parts of the clasp do not have the level of finish a gen has. The fit and finish overall is good and the end links mate with the case and lugs nicely with nothing agape.

The crown screws down with just the right amount of rotation and has a good feel in its working. These models do not suffer from the abnormally long crowns that stuck out on some previous ladies TAG reps.

The caseback is very well done, model and serial numbers are done correctly.

My initial impressions are this could be one hell of a present for all your special ladies out there. Unless you're familiar with the rep in the flesh, you'll be hard pressed to deem one as such.

Nice pics and review, thanks for sharing.

With the one I got the only three things I could fault compared with the gen that was the TAG embossment on the clasp the rep is not as defined as gen also on the crown, they are still good enough though. And the model number on the CB was for the standard bezel model.

Apart from that and the CZ as mentioned it is a very good rep for good money.

I just hope my Mum likes it fortunately she has small wrists!!

I bought this exact watch for my GF for our 1 year anniversary. She's not a watch person but she loves it! It really is a cracking deal. It's very well nailed together, and a damned fine replication to boot. If you're looking at getting a watch for a lady in your life, i would look hard at this. For the price you can't beat it!

I bought this exact watch for my GF for our 1 year anniversary. She's not a watch person but she loves it! It really is a cracking deal. It's very well nailed together, and a damned fine replication to boot. If you're looking at getting a watch for a lady in your life, i would look hard at this. For the price you can't beat it!

+1 :thumbsupsmileyanim:

I have never given a replica watch as a gift but now think about it. When giving this as a gift do you tell the recipient that it is a replica? Do you include the Tag Heuer box/papers?

Personally I would tell them the box papers etc is always extra anyway. But once you tell them you can explain how good a rep it is....assuming it is!

Oh and what the gen would cost.... well its the thought aint it!!

I have attached pics of the black tag link for comparison. My wife loves the watch. The CZ's do fire in the right lighting. The watchsmith I brought the watch to had a hard time resizing the bracelet so be warned if you do not do it yourself. I didnt have the tool otherwise I would have done it.

post-497-126212816706_thumb.jpg

post-497-12621294646_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I,ve just bought one for my better half from Silix, blown away but the quality, all I need to do no is figure out how to adjust the bracelet!!!

The bracelets of any link is a pain to size. It's the sole reason why I hate selling links at my store. Once you have the right tools it is not too bad. Just push out a pin and a small screw driver does the trick. Just take it to someone with the right tools and it should be a quick job. My wife loves her link. Most comfortable bracelet I've seen (compared to my SMP or Milgauss)

To reiterate as above, it's really great to read a review about ladies models. Thankyou for sharing with us.

Sometimes the simplest models get the fewest attention. I'm surpised about the lack of Day-Dates on the forum for example.

My gf and I looked at these in gen not too long ago, the bracelet on the gen didn't really seem to have much quality to me, it felt cheap! Then again I'm spoiled by my GMT2C's bracelets weight and feel. These really do look as good as the gen from your guys pictures. The disappointment with the gen was that it was only rated to 50m water resistance which apparently isnt enough for a swim.

I always wondered if Rep MOP compares to gen? In my mind rep MOP would always look kinda cheesey, or are they actually the same?

I wonder if they'll make a good rep of the ladies aquaracer, now that was a beautiful watch with a weighty bracelet and a wonderful (dare I say breitlingesque) case shape.