When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My AP ROO Montoya LE arrived today!

apollo22

My AP Montoya LE arrived today!

I ordered this racing monster from my regular dealer, Mrs King, on the 20th and was extremely happy that it took just 4 days to get here, making it in time for Christmas!

Making the decision to pull the trigger on the Montoya was tough as I was considering 3 other ROOs - the Black Rubberclad, the White Themes and Singapore F1, but eventually decided to go with this one.

The transaction was easy, as usual, Mrs King

Edited by apollo22

wow real nice looking :) but are they so big on the wrist like the breitling watches do?

It wears big due its lugs..

Best option if you want a ap roo, go for a rubberclad since the rubber hugs better to your wrist then what leather straps does on the roo's.

Cheers

Best option if you want a ap roo, go for a rubberclad since the rubber hugs better to your wrist then what leather straps does on the roo's.

Cheers

I must say that the factories did a great job with the Montoya secs@12 in producing such a sharp, solid rep at the very first attempt.

The watch has lots of presence and actually looks much nicer than what the photos are showing you. My photography skills (or the lack of it), does not do justice to the watch.

Guess they are (slowly) learning from all the silly mistakes with the other ROOs like having a 000/000 numbering with the Singapore F1, wrong material and case back for the Jalan Bukit Bintang.

The carbon fiber has great 3D effect, I had a hard time capturing them with my camera.

They even managed to have a few mm of carbon fibre between the bezel and the main casing, something that I thought they might not be able to accurately replicate.

Regrettably with AP using forged carbon more and more such as with the Singapore F1 and the BumbleBee, it would be difficult for the factories to replicate. If they could find a suitable material to do a forge carbon lookalike I would buy both without much hesistation.

Cheers

I am thinking of putting on a rubber strap but will live with the stock strap for a few days and see how it goes

This is gotta be the most accurate APROO so far amongst the Offshore series.

Very nice indeed.

Very accurate indeed. Got to be the most accurate APROO so far in the Offshore series.

Did you just agree with yourself? :)

looks nice, wanted to ask is the size of this the same as the usual roo case?

i see some sites list it as larger but your photos make it look same

and is the sub dial spacing similar to the gen?

thanks

The Montoya is actually the same size as my two other regular ROO (I have a Black Themes and a Volcano). It is the two chronograph pushers on the Montoya that makes it looks slightly bigger overall.

I can

Sorry to sh... this but i Actually saw couple flaws, after checking the gen of my neighbour, which i think are minimal and easy to fix: the lateral part of the bezel should be brushed and no polish, the lateral CF details should be in a "XXX" or romboid pattern and no in "+++"or square pattern, other than that seems pretty good rep, I