When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Panic Over !

PeteM

OMG!!! Thank you very much, Pete! You just saved me a lot of money buying a fake Panerai! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

I didn't know that it is so easy to spot a fake! You are a life saver! If I was girl, I'll give you a Big Kiss! Mwahh!

OMG!!! Thank you very much, Pete! You just saved me a lot of money buying a fake Panerai! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

I didn't know that it is so easy to spot a fake! You are a life saver! If I was girl, I'll give you a Big Kiss! Mwahh!

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl::tu:

I am glad they set me straight. I will never be scammed by a fake Pam again! :rofl:

Just remember if its wobbly its fake!! If its not JACKPOT you got a gen!

Oh no. I have just discovered at least 50% of my collection are fakes :pardon:

"Another giveaway on the case back is any engraving or images. Rolex watches always have a smooth case back. If you seen any words, images or engravings, you know that this is not a real Rolex."

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Look at the second hand. If it moves in small steps or jerks, immediately suspect the watch. The Rolex is know for a second hand that makes a continuous, smooth sweep that is hard to replicate.

Really? I must go down to my local AD and save all those folk he is ripping off with fakes then 'cause if I look close enough I can see the jerkyness to which he refers. :D

Investigate the face of the Rolex as well if it was produced after 2002. Rolex started etching their crown into the glass on the front of the watch. This etching should be seen on the front of the watch, near the six.

The only one you can see without a loupe or exactly the right lighting is a rep one :lol:

Yet another clue on the case back is a hologram. Real Rolex watches have a hologram sticker on the case back which changes the image from different viewing angles. Most fakes just have a static image or repeated words on the sticker. Don't be fooled by these phonies.

Hey! What luck! The silly dealers have sent me gens by mistake 'cause all my post '02 Rolies have holograms! :1a:

Another good indicator is on the crown of the watch. Rolex watches have a black o-ring on the crown to give it a superior seal. Most fake Rolex watches are missing this o-ring.

Yup, there gens allrighty, they have o rings too :victory:

Gee I'm glad for all that well researched and factual advice.

And for the fact that by their standerds every watch I own is a gen. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Col.