When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Nickle Plated Asian Clone (Rolex 3135) Bejabbers bleeding heck!

thogaa

Completely falling to pieces. What in Sam Hill? =@

DSC05903_1.jpg

Today the movement caved in and rotor and everything are rattling about inside the watch :black_eye:

Id like to get my hands on that ball swinging bastard who put this damn movement together.

That, that that ugly Gonz plowmans lump full on robot chubby

head jobby plop plop fart face bleeding idiot! :angry:

picdump-28.jpg

Thanks guys. Needed to get some air :victory:

It's just a regular ETA clone with a aded stud to create the optical illusion of the single bridge balance holder of Rolex. The movement itself is fine and qulity is on par with ETA (read The Zigmeister's review). It's just the assembly that forms a problem. These movements need a check-up and service upon arrival and they will last you a life time...

The failure rate of the modified (3135) Asian clone is much higher than the stock Asian clone movement, and seeing as the dealers charge the same price for these 3135 "style" clones as the Swiss ETA versions, you must be a bit silly to take the clone option! :p

The dealers must make a massive amount of margin $$$ from these 3135 watches, and they are [censored]......

It seems this part falls off quite often from reading other fora. I might just remove mine as a proactive measure!

This happened on the first day. I think the rotor is the problem now - but it doesn't seem to be screwed on. But having had this watch for two weeks I should probably return it to the dealer for repair.

Maybe I just got a dodgy one :wounded1:

thog, I remember somebody on a different forum reported exactly the same thing! The phony balance bridge doo-hickey fell off then the rotor fell off 'cause there wasn't a screw in it! I think I need to "inspect" the one in my "raffle prize" from Josh...

Guest techlogik

Yep...been saying this for weeks now. My rotor/winding mechanism fell off the back of the watch. The keyless works hosed up etc...what a train wreck these things are.

And the worst part, they are charging as much, or more than Swiss...f&^king joke these things...stay away!!!!

OK, been out to the shop with my GMTIIC and the screw that attaches the faux bridge was indeed loose so I removed it. I also removed the little "stuck on with double-stick tape" shiny cover over the rotor screw and left it off after checking the screw.

A factory is buying the clone movements and/or parts, then modifying them. They must have to partly strip them down and rebuild them with the "upgraded" 3135 style parts, and in doing so they are obviously doing a [censored] poor job......

I have had stock clone movements in a few of my watches (not the 3135 one) and they have been fine, no problems :)

I can imagine the dealers rubbing their hands with glee when somebody opts for the 3135 over an ETA movement when buying a watch, more $$$ for them! :p

OK, been out to the shop with my GMTIIC and the screw that attaches the faux bridge was indeed loose so I removed it. I also removed the little "stuck on with double-stick tape" shiny cover over the rotor screw and left it off after checking the screw.

Would that be the same case with the A3135? :g:

How is the rotor attached? :unsure:

dssdreview022a.jpg

OK, I've seen enough regards this new Rolex clone movement, I'm staying far away, what a total crock for the money.

As a matter of fact, I just changed my order for a GMT IIc with modified 2836-2 movement to one of the new Submariners with the ceramic bezel and simple, non-complication movement.

I've read of too many people having problems with their GMT IIc after purchase. Shame as I really love the GMT IIc.

If you pry up the little disc you have the arrow pointing too the rotor screw will be underneath. I checked the screw and left the little cover off as it seemed to be just one more thing that might fall off!

If you pry up the little disc you have the arrow pointing too the rotor screw will be underneath. I checked the screw and left the little cover off as it seemed to be just one more thing that might fall off!

Thanks. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

I might just try mending it instead of putting it out of its misery right now... :good:

Yeah, I figured I'd be proactive and removed the faux bridge and the stuck-on screw cover. Nobody's gonna see it anyway and I'd rather have something that runs!