When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Mailman has just arrived!Franken 3789 parts are finally here!Part II and done!

jmarin.72

A couple of months ago i got Raymond's(rckh) V1 3789 and since then i have been sourcing all the necessary parts

in order to built a nice franken as close as possible to the real thing.As you all know the 3789 is one of the

best out of the box replicated watches but for geeks like us this is simply not enough :thumbsupsmileyanim:

So today i recieved the most important part of my franken project which is of course ....a gen engine :yeah:

This movement is a must for a perfect franken IWC and i wish to thank Niklas(concepta) for being able to find one for me

and deliver it in such a short time,you rock my friend :good:

Aside this i have got a V2 dial and a V2 Ti crown from PT (one of the best dealers i have ever dealt with,he has been able

to provide me with every part i had ever asked him to,i definately trust him blindfoldly)

Last piece of this project is a V2 case,i wouldn't replace my V1 case but i had an accident the watch slipped of my hands,fell on

the floor and...one of the lugs has been broken where the srping bar hole is :black_eye: (well i guess this was a nice test for me to check whether the case was made out of reall ceramic material and not PVD!!! :rofl: )So i needed to order a new case

from PT,which i did and now i am waiting for the case to arrive.Good thing is that the new case comes with a new AR'd crystal and better

looking Ti chrono pushers,i guess something good has come out of this accident :thumbsupsmileyanim:

So on to the photos now

The engine

26bfab51.jpg

5606af8b.jpg

2bf33419.jpg

The rest of the parts

21650413.jpg

49e35775.jpg

3fe6cfcc.jpg

To be continued.... :D

this may be a dumb question but who is pt. I have a tg and would like a crown. thanks

There are two dealers with that abbreviated name: Precious_Time (in EU) or PureTime Watch International (Angus in Far East). I would assume that the OP meant Angus.

• 1 month later...

Ok guys here it is,finished at last already on my wrist and boy i am happy :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Came yesterday from Domi after a second trip back to the Master since those guys down in Postal Services don't know

anything about handling an item marked as "FRAGILE" :black_eye: ,just take a look at the pic to get a view of the state that the watch

was delivered to me the first time.Of course this was not Domenico's fault by all means :rolleyes:

b39e99d1.jpg

So i sent the watch back to the Master who gladly accepted to help me again at no cost of course :clapping: and thankfully the watch is now resting on my wrist :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Mille grazie amico mio :victory:

Domenico e un grande orologiaio e' una risorsa preziosa per la nostra comunit