When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

MBW EOD or Cartel EOD? That is the question

Several days ago I opened a thread asking if selling my MBW EOD and getting a new Cartel second at 12 was a good idea

As usual there were almost as answer as member answer, so I decided to go on my own and this is the result

MBW EOD

mbw1-1.jpg

Cartel EOD

cartel1.jpg

Cartel one is on an authentic crocodrile strap custom made for my MBW by jakobs, spanish strapmaker

Both are stunning pieces out of the box, Of course MBW has seconds at nine which is a big flaw and little diferences on the dial (please pay atention to the logo and date font for example)

Talking about the case, bezel is different as well as rubber ring, this is thicker on the cartel one. Position of pushers is as well a little bit dferent between both of them

mbw5-1.jpg

mbw6.jpg

Taken a glance to the back we discover new differents that support the Cartel one

Engraving is not black on the MBW and legend is diferent as well, none of them is correct but the Cartel one is closer

MBW

eod1.jpg

Cartel

cartel2.jpg

So I finnally decided to conserve my new Cartel EOD and probably will sell the MBW. My Cartel is now on a Piragna Kevlar strap and let me say it is a killer....Anyway I must say de MBW is a classic and a overall well made piece

Making in this way now I am sure I am right!!!

mbw3.jpg

Man.. gotta get me one of those..gret choice..

the Cartel ships form within the EU.. which is good for the members there, in Countries where customs is a problem..

I didn't know Josh was set up for this ..just an fyi for our EU members..

AC/Lani

The missing index marker at the 12 o'clock on the MBW was a deal breaker for me....Nahpiek needs to get that part fixed....i could live with the secs at 9 and maybe the dial spacing but in the end I went with the Cartel version...easily had on the 3rd floor in MBK....

And the Nylon/Kevlar EOD strap from Luca is a must!

and thanks for the write up!

cheers

• 2 months later...

The missing index marker at the 12 o'clock on the MBW was a deal breaker for me....Nahpiek needs to get that part fixed....i could live with the secs at 9 and maybe the dial spacing but in the end I went with the Cartel version...easily had on the 3rd floor in MBK....

And the Nylon/Kevlar EOD strap from Luca is a must!

and thanks for the write up!

cheers

Great post. Is there a way to add the missing marker? I bought the MBW when it first came out and am in the same boat as you.