When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Avenger Seawolf on Gen Strap

Eton

After an extremely difficult day at work, the day took a 180! I ordered it just before Christmas from Angus (Great Service), it shipped on Christmas actually...it arrived today and all I can say is WOW, great piece right out of the box! Put it on a Gen strap and she's good to go; it will be getting some serious wrist time for sure! Lani did a great macro pictorial of the yellow dial version, so a big thanks to Lani! :drinks:

One shot sums it up, cheers! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

AvengerSeawolf.jpg

Guest techlogik

I just got mine back from Zig today. He did an amazing job on the lume. It is a great Rep out of the box for sure. Really nothing you can do to make it better except the lume and getting the blobs/dots turned into humps like Gen.

Wear it well! It's one of my favs for sure. :drinks:

Edit: Looks like that is the older one with the proper bezel and datewheel font right? If so, nice score!

I just got mine back from Zig today. He did an amazing job on the lume. It is a great Rep out of the box for sure. Really nothing you can do to make it better except the lume and getting the blobs/dots turned into humps like Gen.

Wear it well! It's one of my favs for sure. :drinks:

Edit: Looks like that is the older one with the proper bezel and datewheel font right? If so, nice score!

Thanks, you too! Zig is amazing, he serviced and lumed my 6.75 (great work), he's the MASTER and I plan on sending everything his way eventually! Could you post some pics, I'd love to see em :Jumpy:

Cheers!

I like the adjustability of the deployants, but man their pricey!

They issue with the deployment is one the strap takes the set, game over. If you need to adjust it a little, it will stay for about a hour and then move its way back to the set position.

This is why I moved to the tang strap with a aftermarket butterfly deployment. Best of both worlds. Security of the deployment, the position stays as a tnag and you do not wear out the strap like with a tang. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

They issue with the deployment is one the strap takes the set, game over. If you need to adjust it a little, it will stay for about a hour and then move its way back to the set position.

This is why I moved to the tang strap with a aftermarket butterfly deployment. Best of both worlds. Security of the deployment, the position stays as a tnag and you do not wear out the strap like with a tang. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

I totally agree, I just like the opportunity to get a really good fit of the deployant when you first get it on your wrist. But like you said, once it's set, that's all she wrote, which is unfortunate when you spend that much money on that strap.

That's a great combination, best of both worlds exactly! Cheers

i think the avenger seawolf is one of the more under-appreciated breitling reps. fantastic watch, and has a VERY genuine feel to it. particularly on a genuine strap :D

wear it well :victory:

deltatahoe

Thanks delta! I agree 100%, that was one of the reasons for picking it up and I love the simplicity of the dial (as compared to all the chrono's I usually get)! :drinks:

Thanks delta! I agree 100%, that was one of the reasons for picking it up and I love the simplicity of the dial (as compared to all the chrono's I usually get)! :drinks:

couldn't agree more about the clean dial, which is a total breath of fresh air for breitling (which generally has the busiest dials on earth) :)

deltatahoe