When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

PAM308 back from The Zigmeister

beaker-king

I just got my PAM308 back from The Zigmeister and thought I would post a few pics.

Be warned that the pics are lousy with poor lighting but I only have a cheap point and shoot right now.

The AR was removed as well as the chrono hands repainted and the hands and dial re-lumed.

Quick tunaround over the holidays too.

It looks much better now and I am very pleased. The pictures don't do it justice but here goes.....

decpics001-1.jpg

decpics002-2.jpg

decpics003-2.jpg

decpics004-2.jpg

decpics005-2.jpg

yes know we can see them, nice but a little bit too small maybe next time try 640/480 or so.

but this is a nice watch :)

denz

Photobucket resized them automatically. I will try to make them larger. :whistling:

OK. After losing them I re-downloaded them and sized them bigger. Hope that looks better. :pardon:

That's odd, you must have had one side closer to the lamp when charging it, as the lower half seems brighter than the top part of the dial.

Also, it may just be the lighting, but Zig's paint seems to be darker than the gen hands. The gen hand colour is much closer to the blue on the right sub-dial.

Here's a pic:

DSC_0294.jpg

That's odd, you must have had one side closer to the lamp when charging it, as the lower half seems brighter than the top part of the dial.

Also, it may just be the lighting, but Zig's paint seems to be darker than the gen hands. The gen hand colour is much closer to the blue on the right sub-dial.

Here's a pic:

Yes, you are right on both counts. I was working in the dark with a LED flashlight to charge it while trying to keep the autofocus depressed and not move too much. The lume is even under "normal" cicumstances though.

I realize that the blue is darker than gen but it seems to be a hard colour to match. I recall a member on RG bought 11 different paint colours and it still wasn't right. I think he ended up saying he blended some together to achieve the perfect match. It is a lot closer to the correct colour now.

A+ for observation.. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Any reason why the 6 is glowing much brighter than the rest? Did you flash that more? :)

But lovely piece, love the hobnail dials on the Regettas

Yes, the six and lower half of the dial were charged brighter because they were closer to the flashlight when I was performing my balancing act trying to photograph it.

Just my feeble efforts and nothing to do with the lume application etc. :rolleyes:

Then the second picture when the lights were out shows the C3 as blueish when it is actually greenish...amateur :blink:

According to the Officine Panerai website it is called "Paris Hobnail" and on the various watch sites it is alternately decribed as "Clous de Paris" which is ....A guilloché pattern on the dial of hollowed lines that intersect to form tiny pyramidal shapes.

It looks more like a waffle to me being that the squares between the intersections look indented. :pardon:

I like it no matter what it's called.