When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Problem With New Tag Link 7750 Movement

2sweetau

hello guys

I too am a replica watch nut that "had" to buy the new TAG LINK with the printed tachy on the bezel. love the watch, and the movement seem to work well..... however i have one more problem with this movement... the hour counter at 6 o'clock does not want to stop running. see attched photo

for example : run the chrono, stop, then reset... all dials reset perfectly.. everything works fine right!!. then about 5 mins and suddently that hour dial has moved slightly.... and it continues to move.

so the hour hand will reset and just start its count again.

contacted dealer, never heard of such a problem. has this every happen before??? what is broken??... does anyone now how to fix it??? very disapointed... such a lovely watch.

plz help

2sweetau

post-2060-1157267759_thumb.jpg

That sounds odd... I have had no problems with my watch yet...except for it running a bit fast...

but I did notice something today after taking off my watch... the caseback seems like it is screwed on incorrectly... it is sitting at an angle and on one side it sits nice and tight but on one end it sticks out with a small gap... pretty sure i can't swim with this watch!!! lol... darn... need to try to take off the caseback to screw it on properly... but its pretty hard cos I don't have a pin tool to take the bracelet link off and I don't want to take it to a watchsmith again cos I know they will charge me 15 dollars...

This is a common problem on the older movement and I imagine it is the same reason on this and has something to do with the brake on that particular dial that should stop it from moving when the chrono is not running. It is not a simple fix but the movement guys will give some info to confirm this problem.

This is a common problem on the older movement and I imagine it is the same reason on this and has something to do with the brake on that particular dial that should stop it from moving when the chrono is not running. It is not a simple fix but the movement guys will give some info to confirm this problem.

Indeed. My old Breitling had this exact same problem. It's harmless but it can be visually quite annoying.

Here's someone reporting similar problem:

http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?showtopic=2372

The pinion has a little clutch on it which allows the movt to spin while the hand is held still by a little brake lever.

112079-23708.jpg

(Hope The Zigmeister won't mind me using his photo). You can see the white plastic brake lever against the pinion preventing it moving and it's very likely this has slipped out of engagement with the pusher lever (as the caption in the photo shows)

thank for all your assitance....great info so atleast i know whats the main issue and i kinda figured it was gonna be harmless.... however, in terms of fixabilty... is this something a simple watchsmith can fix as i dont think i can take part some of the movement?

Any watchsmith should be familiar with a 7750 as they are a very common movt - but some do not like to work on reps so really The Zigmeister would be the best option here.

thats annoying... it came like that out of the box... dealer offered to replace movment if i send it via registered post... problem is in australia there is no such thing as registered post for merchandise. so its ems or eci to track the watch... thats $32 usd and it was not my fault at all.... its not like it happened while i was wearing it, it was like that out of the box. plus i dont think ill find a watch repairer locally as they are all so smart with their "why did you buy a fake" comments... so im stuck with it or do it myself with some internet article help.

Edited by 2sweetau

thats annoying... it came like that out of the box... dealer offered to replace movment if i send it via registered post... problem is in australia there is no such thing as registered post for merchandise. so its ems or eci to track the watch... thats $32 usd and it was not my fault at all.... its not like it happened while i was wearing it, it was like that out of the box. plus i dont think ill find a watch repairer locally as they are all so smart with their "why did you buy a fake" comments... so im stuck with it or do it myself with some internet article help.

Mate, I'd still send it over for replacement if I were you. See if you can sort out some kind of a refund for high shipping fee with the dealer. Most of the times they're fine with refunding postage in full if it was their/manufacturers fault, and sometimes they agree splitting the fee.

Believe me you'll be much better off returning the watch than trying to fix it yourself. 7750 are not the most complicated movements but they require certain level of skill and experience for even such a 'simple' task like yours.

What worries me is the claim from the vendor/dealer that he hasn't heard of such problem before ?! Running 6 o'clock subdial hand when chrono is stopped is such a common problem with rep 7750 and 7750b1 mov'ts.

Also, not sure if you really got an updated (the latest) Asian 7750 mov't at all if you're still experiencing such a problem.

cheers,

babola