When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

DRSD- Mods carried out on the weekend

mjmj

Hi All, I would like to say thank you to RWG and its members for a wealth of information and tips. I have been reading and reading and finally over the weekend, I finally decided to put all the theory into practice. I worked on my insert using a 50/50 bleach and water solution with a teaspoon of salt (thanks kingkitesurf) and sanded down the bezel insert (thanks gioarmani). I am very happy with the result and also worked on my CGs (thanks gioarmani).

Here are some pics. Please bear in mind that this was my first attempt.

Ta MJ

post-25679-126337133507_thumb.jpg

post-25679-126337137119_thumb.jpg

mjmj :) Looks GREAT..... I have also read the tut`s but there is so much crap that you do not have to do...

Would you be so kind as to share YOUR recipe for "vintagizing" I think I will do the same to my 1665.

What I mainly want to know is how long you soak the insert to get the right patina, and if you fill water in the cup of solution or if you pick it up and rinse it off! AND if you use sandpaper or something similar on the insert before soaking it..

Tha sanding is straight forward (thanks to Gioarmani) Both the insert and the CG`s

Thanks man

mjmj :) Looks GREAT..... I have also read the tut`s but there is so much crap that you do not have to do...

Would you be so kind as to share YOUR recipe for "vintagizing" I think I will do the same to my 1665.

What I mainly want to know is how long you soak the insert to get the right patina, and if you fill water in the cup of solution or if you pick it up and rinse it off! AND if you use sandpaper or something similar on the insert before soaking it..

Tha sanding is straight forward (thanks to Gioarmani) Both the insert and the CG`s

Thanks man

I used a 50/50 bleach and water solution with a teaspoon of salt in a plastic cup. Left the insert there for 14 mins then pulled it out under a running tap. Rinsed it and used a hair dryer on it. Then placed it back in the solution for another 3 mins and repeated the drying process and then placed it in for another 3 mins and repeated the drying process. Bear in mind that when its drying it will keep fading. It may look like the bleach solution is not working but in actual fact it is working. Good Luck