When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

OMFG finally got the UPO bracelet on my Chrono!

asf

I definately need to clean up the SEL from the scratches I put to it before getting my dremel. One side of the SEL is too thick so you have to grind it down in the middle. It was only at the end when I truly figured that the problem was from the middle to the bottom of it. I grinded that further to get it to fit better. It took me longer to grind it because I have the rechargable battery powered Dremel.

It took me two charges to full get it good. I still needed to use my bent spring bars to even get it to fit. I took a 22mm spring bar from one of my invicta watches and bent it at the left and right sized. I placed them into the hole and rotated them to face the case.

Forget sand paper and a file to get it down, you need something high speed to get a smooth and even grind down.

as for resizing it...lt was like the others said, a pain in the butt. I had to push the hole deep as possible until there was play between the links when I used my watch screw drivers to pry them open and see how dirty they are from the factory. One of the links had a piece that was some how melted into a hook like piece. It was weird. You coulding take it off the middle link.

Anyways that's how I did it

Jeez, I have been wearing mine for a few weeks now. Although I've had it for years I just never truly got used to the size of the thing, but now it feels normal. I was toying with the idea of trying a rubber strap, but now? After reading this thread? What specifically is the deal? Lug holes misaligned with the spring bars?

eb9d9215_39312.jpg

Yeah, I don't understand what the issue is either, and I've searched the forum to find out more but couldn't really find anything. I just received a PO Chrono this past week from another member and removed the bracelet, removed some links, and put everything back together without any issues. I did notice that the tips of the spring bars were bent slightly. I am expecting another PO Chrono (orange bezel) from Josh this week, I'll see if there is anything different with that one when I re-size the bracelet

- Chris

Yeah, I don't understand what the issue is either, and I've searched the forum to find out more but couldn't really find anything. I just received a PO Chrono this past week from another member and removed the bracelet, removed some links, and put everything back together without any issues. I did notice that the tips of the spring bars were bent slightly. I am expecting another PO Chrono (orange bezel) from Josh this week, I'll see if there is anything different with that one when I re-size the bracelet

- Chris

Now that I think about it, uh duh, the bracelet I have now was a replacement from Joshua as the original clasp broke. I swapped it out no problema, but, I did have to take it to a jeweler to have it sized. I got now where on my own withn that............maybe it's a different run or from a different factory? Hmmmmmmm.

Wow, you weren't kidding! I read this before receiving my chrono today... Now I'm no watchsmith (or even modder) but sizing the bracelet is no problem... usually!

What a nightmare!

yeah D.. it is a bear to attach.. if you bend the spring bars a bit it will make your day a lot happier .. :lol:

I just received my new PO Chrono (Pumpkin) from Josh today and I easily popped the bracelet off and back on again without issues. However, I did notice that the tips of the springbars on this one were slightly bent also, I think that is the secret. Removing the link pins is a whole other story, talk about stubborn!

- Chris