When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Gator in germany...forget it

deniz21

hello guys, today i came back from our local costum office..without happy ending

but let me beginn..

a few weeks ago i orderd a alligator strap from asia, bevore i orderd i asked them twice if there would be any problems of shipping this in my country, and they said, no theres no problem at all, we ship every week to germany..

ok me thinks, orderd and paid it, yesterday a letter from the costums.

today i went there, and after opening the pack they confiscent my gator strap cause its not allowed to ship them in, without specifications, these stupid ..... not even gave me the buckle of the strap, and not even the gift strap that was also in the pack, cause it was not listend on the bill, so i wnt home without NOTHING :bangin:

i realy cant belive this stupid costums in my country, but i have my lesson learnd next time when i order something like this, i foward it over the UK, dam im so angry about that:angry:

and also im angry about the seller cause they didnt warnd me about that, i think they missed it.

so guys if you are from germany or swiss...forget it and please dont buy any gator, you will loose your money cause purchases from hongkong and stuff gets allways controled and when they find gator thy are history and your money is gone, so take this warning serios and dont get fooled by any sellers from asia or us. when the buy is in eu its save but outhere of the eu there is no incomming.

it was a real pricey experince for me, but maybe i can warn one of you, that maybe makes it easier for me :thumbsupsmileyanim:

best regards denz

IMPORTANT UPDATE

in my case my seller, offered me a refund in form of another strap, so thats real awsome me thinks, but dont forget stay warned and dont buy gator straps direct to a country like germany or swiss, thats the countrys from them i know that will happen

I em not sorry for you,as i hate exotic straps but much more when they come from HK and China you can bet they are made whit non farmed crocs.

They are doing a great job when the take this straps, you need a certificate when buying such to not get problems..

I em not sorry for you,as i hate exotic straps but much more when they come from HK and China you can bet they are made whit non farmed crocs.

They are doing a great job when the take this straps, you need a certificate when buying such to not get problems..

Well dani I guess you dont eat meat. No fish, fowl or anything that has a face. :huh: I would also guess that you dont have any leather goods. Shoes, jackets, gloves,belts, furnture. They are all gods creatures. It really dosent mater If It's In the wild or captivity, It a living thing reguardless. So Im thinking you have absolutely no contact with any animal products what so ever. Because If you do then that would make you my friend a "HYPOCRITE" No leather straps on your Pams? Cows are sacred In some cultures. Well I got go, time for me to put on my pup seal sneakers and eat me some good old Komodo dragon burgers, tasty :wub: Mike

The hide comes from Louisiana.. and is not illegally obtained by poachers, it is regulated.. no CTIES certificate is needed when sending them overseas for manufacture.. but when they are completed a CITIES certificate is needed to be imported "back" to the USA of other Countries.. makes you wonder why they don't just manufacture them here.. trade laws for more money??? I wonder..

A CITIES certificate involves government agencies.. and money that would have to be reported.. the reason a of of vendors don't follow through.. to obtain one the vendor has to go through his/her government.. and you know what paper trail that leads to.

so the CITIES is to insure that the hides are not coming from poachers.. or another way to look at it is so the money stays with the powers that be..

If you can buy reptilian straps from within your borders it would be better..

I buy mine form HK.. if lost (and I have 3 lost).. he will replace them.. no questions..

I will never .. ever.. condone nor rationalize.. Elephant hide..no matter what.. that is where I draw the line..

Here is a brief explanation of CITIES in the EU >Here

I will never .. ever.. condone nor rationalize.. Elephant hide..no matter what.. that is where I draw the line..

I agree mate with watch straps..... due to shortage its a much better idea to just use it for umbrella stands ...

I agree mate with watch straps..... due to shortage its a much better idea to just use it for umbrella stands ...

I'll take that as the "Brit humor".. =@ and not seriously.. B)

the elephant hair .. I have not problem with wearing on the wrist.. as long as they were plucked from a live one :lol:

I'll take that as the "Brit humor".. =@ and not seriously.. B)

the elephant hair .. I have not problem with wearing on the wrist.. as long as they were plucked from a live one :lol:

Mate if I could get elephant hair I would stick it on my head and go Goth!!

elephants killing for there skin or teeth its realy not funny :wounded1: one time i saw in TV a report after a very rich guy who had elephant feets as bar chairs, realy weird and totaly disgusting.

Funny you say that I once saw a documentary showing an elephant using a rich guy as a floor mat

Funny you say that I once saw a documentary showing an elephant using a rich guy as a floor mat

A tooth for an elephant's tooth, a human floormat for an elephant's ear. :animal_rooster:

On a more serious side: The CITES rules started out as a good thing really. I mean, who in their right mind would want to buy croc leather from endangered wild animals.

Problem is the procedure has turned out extremely complicated so that you simply can't import something made of exotic leather anymore as a private buyer.

When I tried to import my strap I even produced a CITES certificate which proved that the strap was legally produced and exported from China. They told me that was not enough: I also had to get certs for the import into Canada (sellers state), the export out of Canada and the import into Switzerland where I was! Totally absurd!

As I wasn't able to get the Canada certs, it was destroyed.

A good idea turned totally sour. :thumbdown:

Val.

lol @ Pete in this thread.

The ironic point I think Dani was making is when; things go right for us 'rep' collectors with regard to 'Customs' that means, largely, 'Customs' has failed to do their job. I think, being on RWG these years that Germany, Canada and Belgium are the worst, for us, but do their jobs, the best. If the croc and reps don't make it through, then the Anthrax, Bombs and Lady Gaga CD's won't either. :lol:

Well dani I guess you dont eat meat. No fish, fowl or anything that has a face. :huh: I would also guess that you dont have any leather goods. Shoes, jackets, gloves,belts, furnture. They are all gods creatures. It really dosent mater If It's In the wild or captivity, It a living thing reguardless. So Im thinking you have absolutely no contact with any animal products what so ever. Because If you do then that would make you my friend a "HYPOCRITE" No leather straps on your Pams? Cows are sacred In some cultures. Well I got go, time for me to put on my pup seal sneakers and eat me some good old Komodo dragon burgers, tasty :wub: Mike

Animals are our friends not our food! :rofl::rofl::rofl: "Vegetarians are cool. All I eat are vegetarians - except for the occasional mountain lion steak." -Ted Nugent

Komodo Dragon Burgers? They use that at White Castle right? :thumbsupsmileyanim:

I tried to eat "rabbit" food for 3 weeks .. by the end of it.. I craved blood red meat :thumbsupsmileyanim:

dating vegetarians is cool though.. cheap date... :lol:

ahh nothing like a juicy seared ... totally crispy black charred on the outside.. red juicy med. inside porterhouse steak.. .. :bleh:

When I used to live in Kendall, FL just off of Alligator Alley a neighbor of mine shot a Black Panther and got caught. He was subpoenaed to court for poaching. Deep [censored]. I went with him when he appeared.

He explained to the judge he had a permit to hunt the preserve for the culling of indigenous species and was a sustenance hunter for his large family. The judge showed mercy and gave him the minimum fine and no time served. Whew!

But the judge had to ask; "Panther? What the hell does that taste like?"

"Oh, a cross between a manatee and a bald eagle."

When I used to live in Kendall, FL just off of Alligator Alley a neighbor of mine shot a Black Panther and got caught. He was subpoenaed to court for poaching. Deep shit. I went with him when he appeared.

He explained to the judge he had a permit to hunt the preserve for the culling of indigenous species and was a sustenance hunter for his large family. The judge showed mercy and gave him the minimum fine and no time served. Whew!

But the judge had to ask; "Panther? What the hell does that taste like?"

"Oh, a cross between a manatee and a bald eagle."

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: