When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Andrew's (trustytime's) New Yachtmaster!

watchski

they abandoned bi-directional bezels, because in case you dive and you "hit" something, the bezel wont turn to the wrong side and make you think you got more time to dive than you really have (which could result in mayor health problems).

Genuine YM and GMT both have bidirectional bezels as they are not designed as dive watches, but to measure time elapsed and time-zone difference respectively.

they abandoned bi-directional bezels, because in case you dive and you "hit" something,

Sorry to disagree Alan.....but the Yachties have always had and still do...a bi-directional bezel......as the name implies.....it has nothing to do with diving......more to do with marketing...and giving it a 'yachtie' character.....!

Ruby's and Trusty's look VERY different. Are you sure they are the same?

they look the same to me. both have a pretty good dial and a bezel insert that is too narrow. compare to a gen, the numbers on the bezel are not all the way to the inside up against the crystal. look at the bezel on the one that neil posted. thats how it is supposed to look.

if you want one and are willing to try a cn movement get the one from neil. the dial color and bezel are as good as it gets for a rep. i imagine since there is no subdials to run or any complacations the cn movement should be fine and the watch is cheap. that is a excellent price and the watch is nice. pugs has his cn sub, it is killer looking and he hasn't had any trouble with it.

maybe somebody that has one with this movement will tell us about it. neil? pugs? somebody???

this is a picture of my eta tw best from el. this is the best overall rep of this watch i have seen and at last count it was $250.00 but i don't know if eddie can still get it or if the price is the same. compare this to neils and his is much less money. if you want a eta i suggest this modle. if you want a nice watch for less money contact ttk. compare for yourself. ive worn this one into a ad twice and compared it myself and it passed the test with flying colors. just my .02

114222-23207.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
Not the same dial that I was working on... But Andrew's looks pretty damn nice! I'll have to see how the one my guy is working on turns out...

One thing of interest... Those CG's appear to be of correct shape; i.e. they angle in at the case. Might be just my eyes... But it looks great!

Well, mine looks real and definitely doesn't take on water (at least down to 25 feet or so). I am very happy with this watch. Out of 30+ reps I have bought, this is the best ever.

Bob Christopher