When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Having a heck of a time sizing my new ceramic Sub

rek001

Hi all, I just picked up a 2008 Cerachrome Sub from prowatch-polo.

Absolutely gorgeous watch and some of the most careful packaging I've ever come across.

I will do a full review of dealer and watch soon (am VERY impressed with Mr. Polo!)

Anyway I have a 6.5" wrist so 3-4 links have to come out.

One screw is stuck, frozen in the link, what can I do about it? I really need to get it out to remove link, or the bracelet will be too big.

I doused it in Liquid Wrench, a penetrating oil, letting it sit right now.

Is there any good technique for removing frozen screws or am I "screwed" so to speak?

I truly appreciate any advice given.

R.. if you can remove the link before this one.. I have plenty of spare sub links I can send.. sounds like the threads were forced in on that particular one.. just know that I have spares; if you need to completely replace one side I may have something to send you..

I think you're doing all you can do rek, the Liquid Wrench.............a trick mechanics use to unfreeze stubborn bolts is to *tap* the head of the screw/bolt to 'wake it up', that may give the penetrating oil a chance to, uh, penetrate deeper. Maybe put the link up on it's side, put your driver in the slot an give it a good tap, let the oil soak over night, and then give it a go. Even if you get it out, the screw head or the link may be stripped and not be able to be used.

Good luck!

Thanks for replies, guys. I'm going to give the screw head a tap as Dems suggested, you know, show it who's boss and soak the links in Liquid Wrench overnight.

And Lani, what can I say, you are one of the most generous people I've run across ever.

I'll let you know is I need those links. Mahalo x100.

Wish me luck guys, I wanna wear it this weekend and do my review too.

Let you know how it goes.

• 7 months later...