When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Having trouble searching by title

Hi,

I like doing forum searches because there's a vast resource of already answered questions in forums...but alas I cannot here.

I want to search for threads by title, but it seems that I cannot. I namely want to search for threads related to the 1665 rolex, but when i type in '1665', it says there are no results. So I thought maybe it's too short of an entry, although usually four characters works in other forums. So I tried other words. Finally, I just typed in "rolex" because if that doesn't work, there's something wrong with the engine. And again, no results.

So am I doing something wrong?

All I'm doing is typing in a keyword and checking the 'search titles only' box right underneath.

Thanks,

Mike

seriously...is that why?

here is the message, copied and pasted:

No results found for '1665 rolex'.

and dude, lani. you still have that upo crystal? I want mine AR'd, but I thought chief wasn't doing UPO crystals anymore unless you prepared it first...i don't know how/what to prepare, but yeah...

I have to hunt it down.. I can remove the AR not a problem.. a dremel and green jewelers rouge..

what browser are you using.. if it's explorer.. that could be your prob. get firefox.. after I switched from explorer to FF all the issues disappeared.

ya, i always find it strange when members tell us to try a different search engine. not to ruffle any feathers, but the fact is that 90% of people use internet explorer. my suggestion would be to rectify the problem for the majority of users. it will only help rwg in the long run as i'm sure many members (new especially) become frustrated and simply don't return. just my $0.02.

ya, i always find it strange when members tell us to try a different search engine. not to ruffle any feathers, but the fact is that 90% of people use internet explorer. my suggestion would be to rectify the problem for the majority of users. it will only help rwg in the long run as i'm sure many members (new especially) become frustrated and simply don't return. just my $0.02.

it's an ongoing problem with the new software.. but not as a debate.. switching to firefox has proven much better all around for me.. on and off the forum..

but Ronin has some cool ways of addressing issues :thumbsupsmileyanim: