When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Does MBW make a replica of

horologist

Firstly, my thanks to all those that answered to my recent thread ""Replica watch case versus the genuine made case"". It was very educational for me to read all your responses and to learn more about MBW and WM9 which draws me to the next question.

On my way from work today, I stopped to see the new V series Submariner 16610 model at the AD with the etching in the top metal ring under the glass. To be honest I wasn't all that impressed, considering that some replicas that I have seen from this forum are quite good. Does MBW or any other collector make a replica which is closely indistinguishable from the genuine 16610?

MBW does make a 16610 rep. Chris at Eurotimez used to sell the Euromariner which was an MBW case and a noobmariner dial. The case has gen like bezel construction, but it leaves something to be desired. Here's my A serial w/ lugholes, 93150 bracelet w/ 501B ends, gen insert and a DW that sits too low. Quick dirty pic.

P1000246-2-1-1-2.jpg

I trimmed the cg's, drilled the lugs, gen crown and tube, gen tension ring- lots of work and the bezel is still loose- problem is the aftermarket bezels suck and gen bezels are tough to come by. BK did send me another noob DW so I'll fix the DW sometime, but I'm more worried about the loose bezel- it popped off this morning doing laundry- found the click spring in the hamper! At least it didn't happen at the gym.

So like mjmj says, "Don't be a pug! Get a BK-WM9 V3." Then you won't have to do all of the mods I did. (just kidding mjmj- the pug deal is an old forum joke!)

This is my MBW SUB modded by Omega

It's one of the old school MBW with a gen insert crown tube springbars bracelet springbar etc.

IMG_3520.jpg

I don't have any problems with the bezel , it feels and clicks like the gen construction.

A picture of the excelent crown guard job

IMG_3349-1.jpg

And a picture inspired by the legendairy MBW supplier TTK

OMEGASUB3.jpg

Carpe Diem

Cats

This is my late model MBK/MBW, from November '09. I had a Noobmariner and purchased an MBK case set from Eurotimez with a Clark crystal installed. I then transferred the movement, dial, hands, bracelet, etc. to the MBK case. The date wheel overlay is WM9.

I plan to, eventually, install a gen insert, pearl and crown set. Pearl in pic is really bad; has been replaced with WM pearl.

100_2301.jpg

100_2303.jpg

100_2300.jpg