When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

What PAM do I want? Help please!

gasdoc

I am not too familiar with the PAM world but I know many if you are, so if anyone can help I would appreciate it.

My friend asked me to order him a titanium PAM and after some discussion we came up with the following requirements:

44mm titanium

Asian handwind mvt with the panerai decorated bridges ( where they say panerai all over like 1000 times)

sandwich dial

sub seconds

saphire with AR

what model is that? is it even available?

I am confused, should the 177h have the decorated bridges?

177g but is that sandwich or sausage dial?

Thanks for any help!

Gasdoc

You want the 177g (which is a sandwich dial) - the h series bridges are less ornate. You also want to buy a good one - most of the cheaper models with e-series bridges are not engraved - the decoration is done with a stick-on foil and they look like crap. Ultimately it will depend on what you want to spend. If you're going to buy a cheaper (sub $200) watch, then go for the 177h - the simpler bridges look better at that level.

Not sure what's available at the moment - your best bet is to take a look at the recommended dealers and see what they have available.

You want the 177g (which is a sandwich dial) - the h series bridges are less ornate. You also want to buy a good one - most of the cheaper models with e-series bridges are not engraved - the decoration is done with a stick-on foil and they look like crap. Ultimately it will depend on what you want to spend. If you're going to buy a cheaper (sub $200) watch, then go for the 177h - the simpler bridges look better at that level.

Not sure what's available at the moment - your best bet is to take a look at the recommended dealers and see what they have available.

Not sure if the above is correct.

This is a gen 177G

pam_177_2.jpg

pam_177_3.jpg

As you can see, it's a sausage dial with "E" series engravings on the movement.

To my knowledge, there is no 44mm Ti sandwich dial model with "E" series movement.

So essentially you'll have to make compromises. Must it be 44mm and in Ti? If not, then a 47 SS Fiddy or 217 or in 44mm a 111E.

If it must be Ti & 44, must it be sandwich dial? Then a 177G

Must it be display back and sammie dial? If not, then a relatively accurate DSN 040 would suffice.

Edited by unregistered