When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Chanel J12 for my lady friend

jfreeman420

Picked up this really nice Chanel J12 for my girlfriend's birthday. Got it from my local watch guy. Solid ceramic and the stones really sparkle. I am a bit jealous. Hope this is a bit more durable considering she broke the swiss masterpiece my girls are famous for. I would definitely recommend this watch for any of the members ladies.

DSC01130.jpg

DSC01129.jpg

DSC01131.jpg

So, now we're on J12 #2... This time, she's only managed to crack a link or two.

And so it goes with women and watches. This is why I buy them reps. I bought mine a gen pair of dior sunglasses around $300, she left them in a bathroom 2 days later. The $10 ones have lasted a while now.

Women are mostly the same when it comes to this kind of stuff. God forbid she should change her oil.

I guess that's what we get for leaving the seat up. :lol:

any pointers for where to get a decent j12? im after one like mrs ubi's for my girlfriend but i brought one from one of our "trusted dealers" and it had a string of things wrong with it.. when i emailed to say there were issues with it i was told its an old rep, you get what you're given and that was that... i know im a newbie but :thumbdown:

anyway, i've fixed up a few things but would like to get a replacement one which is right to start with; the scratch on the rehault is not something i can fix and the missing clasp pin i replaced with a spare pin from somewhere else doesn't really work properly :wounded1:

any help appreciated

b :)

ps.. she's after the girl size quartz rather than the unisex auto

any pointers for where to get a decent j12? im after one like mrs ubi's for my girlfriend but i brought one from one of our "trusted dealers" and it had a string of things wrong with it.. when i emailed to say there were issues with it i was told its an old rep, you get what you're given and that was that... i know im a newbie but thumbdown.gif

anyway, i've fixed up a few things but would like to get a replacement one which is right to start with; the scratch on the rehault is not something i can fix and the missing clasp pin i replaced with a spare pin from somewhere else doesn't really work properly wounded1.gif

any help appreciated

b smile.gif

ps.. she's after the girl size quartz rather than the unisex auto

I got my wife the girl-size quartz one from Josh for Xmas. No probs with the watch and we both love it.

ww

and this is how it looks when the clasp breaks....

But PT is getting me a new one....my wife loves the J12 more then all other watches she has

Question to Ubiquitous; You still have that clasp for sale?

J12defekt001.jpg

The ever helpful Ubi :victory:

I cant get my wife to like anything when it comes to watches, we just seem to have such different tastes, she really goes for the girly stuff and shys away from the sportier ones.

Amazingly we have agreed the the Chanel J12 is a beautiful watch, so may be hunting one down myself soon.

The ever helpful Ubi :victory:

I cant get my wife to like anything when it comes to watches, we just seem to have such different tastes, she really goes for the girly stuff and shys away from the sportier ones.

Amazingly we have agreed the the Chanel J12 is a beautiful watch, so may be hunting one down myself soon.

I think Mrs. Opti will really enjoy this piece once she has it on her wrist! Pics of this watch only tell half the story; you gotta experience it in person to truly appreciate how great these ceramic J12s are...

:)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Well Ive done it Ubi,

I just pulled the trigger on a J12 for the Mrs :)

We have our first child due in 3 weeks, I figure she deserves a gift carrying my child for 9 months.

I dunno if I should give it to her before, or after the big event. Getting it delivered to my brothers house so I can keep it a surprise.

Edited by opti

The watch or the baby? :)

If youre talking about the baby you should probably cut this talk out: :thumbsupsmileyanim:

:whistling:

heheh nah the watch, baby is still cooking :)

I found a thread with some pics explaining how to re size the band, this is going to be nerve raking :wounded1:

ok, managed to swipe her watch and measure it when she wasn't looking, then proceeded to adjust the bracelet accordingly. Found a great thread where someone described doing it with a pin pusher and it worked a treat. I'd be very nervous hammering ceramic :black_eye:

Here are some pics :Jumpy:

IMG_5934.jpg

IMG_5937.jpg

Gorgeous! Yeah... She's gonna love it! :)

I have to say, Mrs. Ubi gets compliments on her's everywhere she goes. It's a watch that everyone seems to notice and folks just ooh and ahh over it. I'm thinking of getting her another, but this time in black (though she's expressed that she's not interested in black, I think she might change her mind when she sees it).