When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Updated Blackbird marcos

lanikai

As all of you know the blackbird was released sometime ago with much to-do .. and was somewhat of a disappointment.. in that the tabs where poorly done.. if not for those dang tabs.. my dealer sourced 2 or 3 and still no cigar.. it made it's trek up North to get the spa treatment with an SL lume.. but those tabs..

The new Black bird was released with the polished case and bracelet.. :shock: .. Ala,(Hawaiian slang, not to be confused with any Religion) .. maybe there is still hope...

after refitting my serviced movement and re-lumed dial into a new set of clothes..

Hope you enjoy the pics..

ablackbird005.jpg

ablackbird012.jpg

ablackbird009.jpg

ablackbird008.jpg

ablackbird025.jpg

ablackbird024.jpg

ablackbird015.jpg

ablackbird016.jpg

ablackbird023.jpg

ablackbird020.jpg

ablackbird021.jpg

ablackbird026.jpg

imo Breitling has been known for some amount of bling.. and the new version with polished case delivers that .. if that is your thang...

I just wanted a case with proper tab alignment..

if you appreciate the "Plum" look of the AR.. this one will not disappoint..

Personally next to the Blacksteel .. I think this is in my top 3 for the Breitling .. it differs from the rest of the dial selections.. may be the big date..

Regardless, I'm happy to now at least have a blackbird I can wear.. without bother from the tabs..

thanks for viewing..

AC/Lani

man this watch is sweet like hawaian chocolate :rofl:

i never tastet it, but i think i will soon ;) and maybe someday a blackbird too :)

i like your watch man, so nice and clean as always, no dust or anithing..only a absolutly cool watch, bad as batman and great foto skills, mix this together..and a little review from lani comes out :good:

wear it well and with proud its a beauty :)

denz

IMHO.. reps are just that.. close but no cigar.. even the super reps will have very faint tells. in the dial.. "exact" is wishful thinking.. but the challenge of reps far outweigh the boredom of buying some gens.. the vintage gens are ina different category .. again.. IMHO.. if one could afford say a, vintage Rolex Sub.. it would be quite different from just buying a strapping on a Super Avenger or Blackbird which can be purchased for 5k.. the Super Avenger 2,500 or less on sale here at Macy's..

Part of the reason the Breitling section is not as busy as 3 years ago.. the reps have gotten that much better where the challenge of modding them has kind of fizzled..

the blackbird is not a great example of a Super rep.. but it has gotten better with the new case..

I die of boredom on the gen fora's.. only go there for parts.. :lol:

but this is just ma .02

AC/Lani

:victory:

maybe you should go to the gen board to see it all perfect :victory:

must be boring or you wouldn't be here.. :lol:

Nope, would fall asleep from boredom over there. I could not even hang out there for parts. :victory:

I agree with your comment below, about reps are just that, close but not exact. Just feel that it kind of adds to the "Blackbird" theme IMO and is much easier to create over what they have done.

What is the actual problem with the subdials? I can't really see anything amiss when comparing to pics on Breitling's site, but then I'm not all that observant at the best of times.

Subdials of the reps, have concentric circles like the rest of the Chronomat line. Where the gen is just flat.

looks great, Lan...

amazing timing...my BB is heading North friday...for some tender love and affection --- and some BLUE lume...gotta be different, ya know?!...the best part of reps is tailoring them and making them your own...

and totally agree that the Blackbird is one of THE BEST Breits out there...in my top 3 (or so!), too... :victory:

and psst -- my brushed BB has nice tabs... :pardon:

R-

looks great, Lan...

amazing timing...my BB is heading North friday...for some tender love and affection --- and some BLUE lume...gotta be different, ya know?!...the best part of reps is tailoring them and making them your own...

and totally agree that the Blackbird is one of THE BEST Breits out there...in my top 3 (or so!), too... :victory:

and psst -- my brushed BB has nice tabs... :pardon:

R-

your one of the very fortunate ones R.. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

with this hobby often it turns out to be a numbers game..

with a little luck always being a good thang.. :lol: