When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

what was your favorite pam you have ever owned rep or gen?

tanya

Curious to see what my bros opions on this are. Many of us have been fortunate to own many different pams, modded, out of box, franken, gen, homage, ect. And many of us have built these pieces (not the gens) after a year of searching for the final parts only to then trade them or sell them to start another project. or maybe you sold a piece out of boredom that you wish you you had back.

I currently own a new Gen 240, I had a 242 for a couple weeks, I owned a 176 for a month or so before I traded it for a Gen PO and cash.

I have had some gorgeous reps, a FGD 201 and 202a built with just about every best available part and lots of love (BIG THANKS TO SIMON!!)

I had a LH with a V CG better lume by Rex and LH's older better engraved movement

I just picked up an awesome 242 DSN-Cartel mash from TswissT and i had the same watch 5 months ago

I have had a gorgeous 47mm Ygg with matching hand engraved caseback

Rex built me an Ultimate 220 wi a genuine Valjoux 7750, vaclume, polished Seadbo CG, Tcrown and leo wheel

I have had a Kent Parks lumed Ultimate 088

an Arktos with Vaclume

a modded 183

An El Fiddy

a stunning modded 127

Two genuine RXW Ken's Trading MM20's, the first with a mineral crystal the second with a Sapphire

a 188 eta 7753 with Leowheel

a DSN better dial caseback Amerigo Vespucci (what ever model it was I forget)

A super duper 063 I have Rex building for me with Chief Cyclops, vaclumed dial and hands, regulated buonafied swiss movement, T crown and only waiting on a wheel from Leo

Another DSN in pieces a 240 with no crystal that I bought many months ago sitting in Rexie's desk

A brand new and unworn DSN 028a with improved CG, Crystal, font and his newer PVD coating now sitting on my winder that does absolutey nothing for me which I will likely soon sell or trade

And I'm sure I'm forgetting a couple of others

I actually had to think about this for a while because it wasn't a slam dunk. Which was my favorite of them all

Well after much thought my new Gen 240 edged out the FGD 202a I sold to Bollo but I really had to think hard about it

So how bout the rest of you guys!!

Give it some thought and share your thoughts

and yes this pic sucks

240.jpg

For my own, reps have enabled to decide wich gen i wanted B)

Tastes are changing, and i am not sure that if i had bought a gen at the beginning it would be the one i have now, .... and when you see the price of watches, it's good to do the right choice ;)

IMG_2120.jpg

Edited by Golfman

My gen PAM210 was my favorite. The Radiomir case shape on the gen is something that needs to be seen IRL to be appreciated!

Reps - my modded 7753 powered 196 that babola now owns and the first rep I ever bought, a 2893 powered old-school 063 off eBay for $200. Yeah, I should never have sold that...

Very nice PAM History. Many wonderful pics. :) I too have been through a number of PAM's

but tend to stick with a finite number of highly modded frankens or gens. But my two long term favorites contemporaries are still the Fiddy and 23A. The Fiddy is the contemporary homage to Panerai's 6152 heritage and the 23 with its Explorer bezel harkens back to the original Rolex Panerai connection.As you can tell I am more into the past than the present or future. So this year is my year for Franken vintages.

Yes, I've had quite a few pass through my collection and the ones that stay tend to be the Historic Manual wind Franken's I've built.

Favorites include my 001A, 003B, and Pre-A 02 along with my 201/A.

I also have a love for the center seconds automatics like the 027A, 063C which are permanent parts of my collection now.

I also like the 024A Submersible...

The only contemporary I have left really is my Franken 090 Power Reserve. It is all genuine except for the case

Funny how I've never developed the passion for the Fiddy that you and many others have Kruz (which is a good thing from a cash flow standpoint) I have my EL 217 and love it but if I were to bet the farm and get a grail Gen, the Fiddy would be behind any T-Dial manual historic on my list.

OK if I had to pick just one it would be this one:

pam001aonmp5.jpg

Kruzer

I want to crawl in your watchbox and snuggle!! Or live in your parts drawer!

Nice replys fellas but I asked you to pick one!!!!

Kruzer

I want to crawl in your watchbox and snuggle!! Or live in your parts drawer!

My watch box isn't that large - never more than 8-10 PAM's (okay, maybe a dozen :lol:). What's fun is the watches are always changing. And the parts thing is half the fun. I have some parts I have been sitting on for 3-4 years and I know what 3-4 I am trying to put together or purchase this year. And once those are done I have to torture myself on what to sell. But it is a lot of fun to send good frankens and gens to friendly homes. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

And as for the one PAM that remains my favorite it is the Fiddy. And if I hit lotto it would be a contemporary 203 - scratch that, a gen 6152-1. :)

I tried asking the community once to pick a favorite rep. It's really difficult to get most reppers to pick a favorite. In this case it's easy for me since I've only owned one PAM rep, a 127 Fiddy. Still, it's my favorite model of PAM.

Fid02_10-11-09.jpg

Fid01_10-11-09.jpg

Pam127_01.jpg

LOL This Ones for Kruzer my Pam Maestro!!

After nearly two years, TODAY I FINALLY took a good pic!!! Figured out that my Blackberry Storm in my Car takes better pics than my $700 Digital SLR

Here's my gen 240 on a protype ultra soft and thick Strap Culture Cigar Gator. Soft and thick as a Paci but with a stunning tobacco gator hide. My Favorite strap ever just so happens to match the color of the dial!!

240a.jpg

240-2.jpg

which is my favorite, which is my favorite....hmmm, have had a couple more not shown, 082, 112,240,243, 183, 217, 127.

IMG_2625.jpg

Honestly, it's probably the 111E

Panerai-111E-002.jpg

Not because it's wholly accurate but because I got it during a very difficult time of my life, and it cheered me up greatly. It was the most money I'd spent on a rep (then), looked great and always made me smile when I saw it and remembered how/why I got it. Was a little sad to sell it, but have to move on.

For my own, reps have enabled to decide wich gen i wanted B)

Tastes are changing, and i am not sure that if i had bought a gen at the beginning it would be the one i have now, .... and when you see the price of watches, it's good to do the right choice ;)

IMG_2120.jpg

Wow,this one is awesome! Is It a 111H? Can You tell more about it?

Thank you!

Should be an LH 111I. At least the dial is.

deniz: Thanks :)

red: please please please, if you do anything to do that watch, at least change the crown *pretty please*

Unreg - since this my first and only PAM, I would love some input! Any suggestions??? Always looking to improve my collection so I'm definitely open to options! :D

Unreg - since this my first and only PAM, I would love some input! Any suggestions??? Always looking to improve my collection so I'm definitely open to options! :D

You sure you want to go down this path red? Once you step on it, there's no turning back. Look at me, I walked away after a DSN 112H 3yrs ago, swearing off PAMs and now look at my collection. :D

Basically, three things are glaring to me on that PAM, 2 are easily fixable.

First is the crown. Contact oncyte for a crown if he still has any left. Its cheap at $15 and I've got one on my PAM 201a (I'll show pics soon) that looks great. Very nice and thick.

http://www.repgeek.com/showthread.php?t=93323

Second, is the crown guard. You have multiple options. If you want to splurge, get an LH CG ($150). Something a little more budget is a Torobravo CG at 50Euro or a Seadbo CG at $65 (discontinued though). That said, I may have a spare one or know where one can be had, let me confirm in the day.

The last glaring flaw is the dial, but you can't really do anything about that except get an LH dial, or even a DSN dial ($80) which is still flawed, but at least superlumed :)