When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Which DSSD to get from Joshua?

WatchnRoll

Which model DSSD is the one to get? Joshua said the one with the asian movt but I am unclear why I wouldnt want the swiss one....

I see the ultimate with a swiss movt for $368....

http://www.perfect-hour.com/rlsd01088-deep-dweller-swiss-eta2836-ultv-p-7852.html

And the ultimate with a asian movt for $388

http://www.perfect-hour.com/rlsd00088-deep-dweller-asia-3135-p-7924.html

Thanks for your help

I have no answer to your question as I sold my older version months ago and hated it.

But I am curious as to why the two are both supposedly the "Ultimate" version, and yet the Asian is more expensive than the Swiss. Makes no sense.

Edited by kbh

I have no answer to your question as I sold my older version months ago and hated it.

But I am curious as to why the two are both supposedly the "Ultimate" version, and yet the Asian is more expensive than the Swiss. Makes no sense.

I agree..it makes no sense to me either why the asian copy movt is more expensive... supposedly the same watch just a different movt...

Why did you hate the DSSD?

Edited by WatchnRoll

The "Asian" movement is the faux decorated Rolex sorta wannabe clone of the Rolex movement. Been lots of reports with the faux bridge falling off, rotors falling off, etc. On mine the rotor was tight but the faux bridge attachment screw was loose so I removed it. Seems the conventional wisdom is to go with the 2836 movement...

Not wanting to answer for kbh but the watch seems to spawn a love/hate relationship. I really think it looks fantastic but I really never wear mine as I find it a bit "chunky" for everyday wear... I loved it from afar but am growing to dislike it the more wrist time it gets...

My Asian Rolex clone surprisingly is keeping spot time with my Gens. and my serviced Eta movements. that's no saying you should get the Clone.. just as an FYI..

it's always a safe bet tot go with the eta.. you're still not ensured that it won't need a servicing though.. :)

AC/Lani

Cheaper one has ETA but less shiny 316L steel.

More expensive one has asian clone and better 316F steel.

But here is a catch - you can order better steel 316F model with swiss eta for exact same price as asian clone.

That's what I did.

98349586.jpg

a01u.jpg