When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Help! Black Carbon Fiber Calf Deployant Strap

Eton

Hey guys, how does this look? I have a chance to buy this strap, but I don't have much time to decide...is it a rep??? Here's the description and the pics (sent to me by email)...Thanks for your help, cause I can't find anything resembling this strap (ie...the carbon pattern)!!!

PANERAI - 24mm/22mm Black Carbon Fiber Calf Deployant Strap

Brand New

Fits all 44mm Panerai models

Standard 24mm lug size (tapers to 22mm at ends)

Regular Length

Comes with Panerai Deployant Clasp

CIMG1921.jpg

CIMG1922.jpg

CIMG1924.jpg

There are a lot of rep Panerai "Carbon Fibre" straps out there, but I've never had one myself so I'm afraid I can't help. Do you trust the source? (obviously not, or you wouldn't have posted :) ).

Yah, I have my doubts...carbon pattern doesn't match a shot on Paneristi, plus color of the calf and back stitch near clasp are causing my doubts!

Is this the canadian seller on the bay?

If so I have bought a couple of straps of him and have no problem with what I got especially for the money. And if they are rep then they are better than anything out there including the V1 deployant.

Looks gen to me, as I have the gen as well...

A word of warning... although this looks like a super tough strap... it isn't.

I made the mistake of swimming with it and could never get rid of the stink.. :thumbdown:

Nice strap though :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Looks very close to the one I saw on a 212 at an AD on Monday, what makes you think its not gen?

Padding looks about right and the stiching is tidy the underside looks to be of correct calf skin , I'm tempted to say gen and if it aint its still a nice loooking strap.

ST4

The pattern doesn't look like any gen photo I could find, and the stitch near the keeper doesn't go completely through (as compared to the gen shot) it looks like a nice strap though!

It looks gen to me. I have some rep of it and the padding is munot like this one. The leather is shiny on the rep one.

Thanks!

I haven't seen many Panerai straps other than my own, but do the reps have the old OP logo at the end like pic #2 above? Mine doesn't.

From one shot I saw...it had the OP

I've got a Rep carbon fiber.. and this one looks better. Can we get a side profile shot of the thickness? The rep pam carbon fibers are much too thin, I don't even put mine on it's so embarassing thin in profile. How much did you pay if.. the gen's go for between 200-350usd

I asked the seller and the thickness (not at the padding), is 2mm...so, pretty thin! He's asking 120US + shipping.

Is this the canadian seller on the bay?

If so I have bought a couple of straps of him and have no problem with what I got especially for the money. And if they are rep then they are better than anything out there including the V1 deployant.

Yeah, there were 3 sellers on Ebay.ca, all with ratings of under 15 but with 100%...good to know Pete, thanks!

Thanks guys, here's a shots of a gen...

http://www.watches24seven.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=2804&g2_serialNumber=27

Looks gen to me, as I have the gen as well...

A word of warning... although this looks like a super tough strap... it isn't.

I made the mistake of swimming with it and could never get rid of the stink.. :thumbdown:

Nice strap though :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Thanks for your help! Good to know :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Edited by ksbreitling

yeah this guy also had rubber straps for sale with deployment selling for $120 at the end of the auction...

i was very tempted to purchase one..but i held back.

Fortunately I got mine for a lot less then resold the straps kept deployants made my money back :thumbsupsmileyanim: