When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Rolex Sub Black/black

linc

Several obvious flaws on this piece... middle links are solid, the m's dont line up, the 9 is open. Still a quality piece. The date snaps into place at midnight, the crystal is sapphire, and the links use screws. Its funny, the jeweler that removed the back wasn't positive that it was fake, "and if it is, it's a really good one". The lighting was terrible so I couldn't get a good picture of the movement, but using a loup I was able to find the letters "SE". I dont think it is a swiss movement, what do you guys think?

post-2821-1157493595_thumb.jpg

post-2821-1157493669_thumb.jpg

post-2821-1157493691_thumb.jpg

Several obvious flaws on this piece... middle links are solid, the m's dont line up, the 9 is open. Still a quality piece.

Hmm... blessed are people who are easy to please. :D

Not to be offensive, BUT... in terms of quality reps that is a POS. Please tell us you didn't pay 800 at switchwatches.com or something similar?

Haha, no I didn't get taken that bad... I got this before I found RWG for $135. And believe me, I've seen MUCH worse.

Its my sixth Rolex rep since my first $25 quartz Sub I bought in Mexico. I started collecting reps when I was 15 with only trial and error to learn by. I actually bought a Yachtmaster in '99 from the infamous fakegifts.com for $180. Now that was a rip-off: display back, the pin broke after a few months. This watch is way better than that one in terms of build quality. Not very accurate to the gen, but solid. I've been swimming 8ft deep in this one, and its accurate enough that only collectors can spot it right off. So its a good everyday watch. Still kinda dissapointed in how much I paid for it after seeing Joshua's. Oh well, live and learn.

Anyway, I'm awaiting the arrival of a titanium panerai luminor marina and a cartier ladies tank from Joshua. The Pan has the asian unitas 6497 and the Cartier has the eta quartz. Should be a step up. I'll definately post photos when I get them.

Thanks for the honest criticism.

So the movement in this sub is probably an asian 21j?

Yep, the good old Asian 21j w/ the colored gear and the blue screw on the rotor. Some of them actually keep pretty good time. I 've got a couple w/ the W-O mark which means Seagull as I understand and they're doing just fine after 2 years. Ironically, these days you can get a 16610 from Josh or Paul w/ an ETA for about the same $135, give or take a few dollars. Prices have really come down!