When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Problems with Omega PO

Aussie 1

I bought an Omega PO in Vietnam last year. The watch has been running fine and keeping excellent time but recently when I pulled out the crown to change the time the crown turns but does not engage the hands. I have no idea what movement has been used, I was told Citizen but there are no markings on the rotor. Is it worth my while to have this movement fixed or source a better (Citizen) movement for the watch? If so, what Citizen movement would I need? I also noticed there was no caseback gasket installed, an easy fix I know, but I wonder if there is a crown gasket installed?

post-27380-126491056653_thumb.jpg

post-27380-126491060275_thumb.jpg

You can purchase a eta 2936-2 from ofrei for 130 usd.. that is the movement that comes in our UPO's and is very reliable.. the gen crown and tube can also be had from Ofrei as can the gen dial and hands.. there is a thread.. let me look for it that will give you all the part numbers fro the Cal. 2500 genuine.. your case may be the same one used.. the rep dial you have is pretty good.. but the genuine is very affordable for a name brand.. the gen crystal is pricey and your crystal can be Ar by chief Ar service here the best Ar on the planet.. better than my gen PO crystal.. I will look for the thread..

this thread deals with the 45mm "UPO".. if you have the 42mm it needs to be a certain one (4th generation) from our dealers to fit the gen parts.. you may still be able to fit an eta in there though.. but here is the thread with part numbers for the 45mm version>Here

AC/Lani

You can purchase a eta 2936-2 from ofrei for 130 usd.. that is the movement that comes in our UPO's and is very reliable.. the gen crown and tube can also be had from Ofrei as can the gen dial and hands.. there is a thread.. let me look for it that will give you all the part numbers fro the Cal. 2500 genuine.. your case may be the same one used.. the rep dial you have is pretty good.. but the genuine is very affordable for a name brand.. the gen crystal is pricey and your crystal can be Ar by chief Ar service here the best Ar on the planet.. better than my gen PO crystal.. I will look for the thread..

I wanted an answer to my question, it appears your response is touting for business.

Sorry about that. Looking at your pics it is a 21J not a citizen. A 2836 is not an option unless you want to change everything from hands to stems. It does have a caseback gasket from what I see. Until you remove the stem there is no way to tell whether there are any more. Oh and the problem is more than likely the keyless works not the movement.

I wanted an answer to my question, it appears your response is touting for business.

I think you had better check you attitude at the door..

it does not matter to me if you put a piece of cow manure in your rep..

where do you guys come from..??

In answer to your question your watch is not worth ma time..

Yes well, probably about the rudest response to a helpful reply I have ever seen!!

You ask for help on how to rescue that piece of crap on your wrist and you get it, then insult a man who just spent his time trying to offer a hand.

downright ungrateful aussie1, bye.

Yes well, probably about the rudest response to a helpful reply I have ever seen!!

You ask for help on how to rescue that piece of crap on your wrist and you get it, then insult a man who just spent his time trying to offer a hand.

downright ungrateful aussie1, bye.

I'm sorry if I appeared ungrateful, but all I asked was whether it was worthwhile either repairing or replacing the movement and the reply I got was listing all the spare parts that were available for the Omega PO's, including a movement price that was nearly twice what I paid for the watch. If it's "a piece of crap" as you called it, I wouldn't bother to put in a movement that costs well over a $100.

Hey Aussie,

Im from OZ myself. Welcome to the boards.

Just a quick heads up, I wouldn't advise insulting one of the most respected members of this forum in your 2nd ever post. Lani was trying to help you, the reality is this is what it will take to fix the watch.

I would recomend either replacing it, with either another PO (Narikaa - in dealers section) can source some very nice PO's for around the AUD$110 if your looking for a cheapy, or getting stuck in and researching some other watches around the boards. Word of warning, it becomes somewhat addictive.

What part of Oz do you hail from?

Edited by OzTag

I think you had better check you attitude at the door..

it does not matter to me if you put a piece of cow manure in your rep..

where do you guys come from..??

In answer to your question your watch is not worth ma time..

I apologise if I offended you, but all I asked was whether the movement was worth repairing or should it be replaced. You in response sent me a price list of spares that were available for the PO's, including a movement price of $130. As I only paid $70 for the watch (and was told that it's "a piece of crap" by Matt2302) it would hardly seem feasible to spend that kind of money on the watch. I perhaps incorrectly assumed that you were just looking for business, if so, I again apologise.

Hey Aussie,

Im from OZ myself. Welcome to the boards.

Just a quick heads up, I wouldn't advise insulting one of the most respected members of this forum in your 2nd ever post. Lani was trying to help you, the reality is this is what it will take to fix the watch.

I would recomend either replacing it, with either another PO (Narikaa - in dealers section) can source some very nice PO's for around the AUD$110 if your looking for a cheapy, or getting stuck in and researching some other watches around the boards. Word of warning, it becomes somewhat addictive.

What part of Oz do you hail from?

It appears I got off on the wrong foot. I didn't get an answer to the question I asked but a price list of parts available for the PO's. I'm a total newbie when it comes to reps, but the PO I bought appears to me as quite reasonable quality. The case, bracelet etc are of a good standard considering I only paid $70 for the watch. I usually collect Seikos and Citizens but the Omega caught my eye when I was in Vietnam. All I wanted to know was whether the movement (I think it's a 21J) was worth repairing or is it a throwaway? BTW, I'm in Adelaide.

Just for what it's worth and nothing more.. there are a lot of peeps who come here to take.. and are still given the support they don't deserve.. that my friend is what we call unconditional support..

And to clue you in on the "parts" list.. part of our hobby is not just buying a rep .. it is the search for genuine parts to mod reps into what is referred to as "frankens".. I would post a pic of such a franken.. but since it is not what you "asked".. no sense..

you see.. this hobby for me and others is more than just buying a cheap rep and slapping it on.. it is the building; the support.. the camaraderie..the.. community, that makes it enjoyable..we share information and "try" and help with a little insight into the rep world..

if you could not afford the eta that I was speaking of.. I would have gifted a spare to you... I'm not here to make money or as you put it "tout" business..

Word..... this community is all about support .. I'm sure you'll find it if you don't trip up on your manners again..

good luck.. I'm sure you'll get the answer you desire ... or you can simply google it..

where I come from we try and help the "tourist" on the side of the road with more than just directions.. it's what we call the Aloha "Spirit"..

Good Luck with whatever your looking for..

AC/Lani

Just for what it's worth and nothing more.. there are a lot of peeps who come here to take.. and are still given the support they don't deserve.. that my friend is what we call unconditional support..

And to clue you in on the "parts" list.. part of our hobby is not just buying a rep .. it is the search for genuine parts to mod reps into what is referred to as "frankens".. I would post a pic of such a franken.. but since it is not what you "asked".. no sense..

you see.. this hobby for me and others is more than just buying a cheap rep and slapping it on.. it is the building; the support.. the camaraderie..the.. community, that makes it enjoyable..we share information and "try" and help with a little insight into the rep world..

if you could not afford the eta that I was speaking of.. I would have gifted a spare to you... I'm not here to make money or as you put it "tout" business..

Word..... this community is all about support .. I'm sure you'll find it if you don't trip up on your manners again..

good luck.. I'm sure you'll get the answer you desire ... or you can simply google it..

where I come from we try and help the "tourist" on the side of the road with more than just directions.. it's what we call the Aloha "Spirit"..

AC/Lani

Thanks for the response, I obviously got off on the wrong foot with you. I'm new to this forum and my immediate reaction was that someone was just trying to sell me something. I'll try not to tread on any more toes.

Read my apologies.

Why not try starting over.. you'll find this community does not hold a grudge ..

We have an intro section for all that care to use it..

We are a community and if you take the time to read some of the threads you will see great examples of that.. no one is here to scam you.. quite the opposite.. we support one another in this hobby of ours..

it may be to your benefit to start at the beginning..

Toad has a great Noob guide pinned in this section to>[url=http://www.rwgforum.com/forum/163-introductionrulessupport/]Here[/url

If your here just for one bit of advise..

this is it..

thats was not nice aussi, i mean however when the reply of your question is not right in your eys, the time that someone gives in his answer is worth a thank you...and if you dont know what he means ask again, but not in this way.

cause do you look in every thread and search for questions that where asked from noobs like us?

to hear a reaction like this,when maybe the most respectet member here gives you his time...is realy bad

but as we want a gentle attidude, so i think we give them also, and so please for the future remind this.

but dont hide or something, everone has a second chance, and now you can only make it better next time :)

denz

Now we're all apologised up and understanding one-another, that's a standard 21j movement. The problem with repairing movements is that it costs the same in parts and labour to fix up a $10 movement like yours as it does a $200 swiss movement.

So, the cheapest way to fix it is to swap out the movement, which, again, is parts and labour.

With a watch like that, I'd replace it with a better one. If you like that particular watch, then you should be looking for what's known as a UPO. Not $70 cheap, though.

thats was not nice aussi, i mean however when the reply of your question is not right in your eys, the time that someone gives in his answer is worth a thank you...and if you dont know what he means ask again, but not in this way.

cause do you look in every thread and search for questions that where asked from noobs like us?

to hear a reaction like this,when maybe the most respectet member here gives you his time...is realy bad

but as we want a gentle attidude, so i think we give them also, and so please for the future remind this.

but dont hide or something, everone has a second chance, and now you can only make it better next time :)

denz

Give me a break! How many times does a guy have to apologise?

AC/Lani

Hi, im also new, but interested in seeing your franken i would not mind getting involved in learning how to make one myself