When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

1655 bracelet

marcoxxx1984

Hi friends!

I am building my first franken.. my lovely 1655 Freccione!!!

I am looking for a 78360 (with 580 endlinks would be perfect...) and I cannot find 1!!!

I contacted all of our dealers and they cannot help me...

Yuki too does't have....

So: the only route is the gen for 500 usd?

Any help or suggestion would be really appreciated!

Well, they are out there because I ended up with one. But I don't know where it came from. It has nice hollow mid-links, but it does have a flip lock safety clasp with wetsuit extension, not the older and maybe more appropriate single clasp.

I bought this watch from Paul (not Silix!) about 4-5 years ago, but it has a 93150 in the Silix pic w/ the 580 rep end links.

http://www.silix-prime.com/rols145-p-1881.html

The problem is bracelets are an after thought for the dealers- $5-10 or less just put on the watch as it goes out the door. Some like Chris at ETZ and Angus @ Puretime are paying a little more attention to bracelets these days, but mainly the 93150.

Wholesaleoutlet990 might have the correct 580 ends- but they were out a few weeks ago. Not sure how good they are, I bought some but haven't used them yet.

Mr. Slimeball can be a challenge, but luckily I've done ok w/ him lately. I actually like his 24-7030-0 tubes.

I did fine with this guy for my $10 bracelet for my MKII Explorer bracelet

http://cgi.ebay.com/20MM-OYSTER-BAND-BRACELET-FOR-ROLEX-MEN-EXPLORER-WATCH_W0QQitemZ350312165589QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item51903b70d5

I realize the numbers aren't right on the back, but it should work til you track down something better.

here's my exploder w/ the CN bracelet

rsz_p1000200_-_copy.jpg

I prefer a bracelet when I'm shittin and gittin.

I rang up Rolex and they said they do GMT inserts for £22, it was quite a surprise. But they did want me to bring the watch in and have it fitted in store :thumbdown:

Unless you have a gen to take in fogetaboutit.. :whistling:

and you don't want a replacement bezel even if it's gen.. the newer ones have very thin font..

@lani: i am using a josh case.... this is it http://www.rwgforum.com/topic/107155-1655-steve-mc-queen-super-moded-sold/

what do you think about? what would you upgrade?

Looks good marc..

the only thing left would be to swap the hour/min hands with the genuine Omega flight hands from Ofrei.. it freakishly is the same as the genuine

here is the gen

41642349.jpg

Here is the Omega flight master hands.. they do need to be broached to fit the eta movement.

1655001.jpg

If I ever do another 1655 I think I would have the lume done minty white..

26349725.jpg

hey Lani, your bezel looks better than mine!

The one I ended up with is the 4th bezel I sourced.. the 2nd from Josh.. I have a case set that has a gen crystal .. I need to get lug holes drilled.. then I plan another 1655 project, this time with minty white lume..

but if you have the thinner font.. on the bezel ... that is acceptable too.. when the gen was sent into the service centers to replace the bezel it was replaced with the thinner font.. so both thicker font and thinner font is true.