When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

How about the IWC Top Gun 3789

suzuki

Hi,mates,

How about the IWC Top Gun 3789 now?

I research some threads about this watch, and compare many pictures of dealers here, I find out there are 4 versions of this watch now,

asia V1, asia V2, swiss V1, swiss V2, I'm not sure about these difference, anyone can tell me these outward detail difference?

I notice V1's crown shape is a little bit off, and sub dial don't have concentric circle, the TOP GUN side engravement are different,too.The swiss version claim Brand New Needles are Made for This watch,

and Updated Swiss Standard AR...

which one is the most accurate now? or is there any thread about gen vs. rep of this watch?

If no consider the price, is the swiss movement version's outward detail better than asia movement's version? Thank you very much!

Edited by suzuki

This is the V3 the dial is improved .. the logo on the side of the case is toned down.. although I'd like to remove the silver from it altogether...the AR was improved but this has a chiefs ar crystal attached.

as far as the movement..the Swiss 7750 is pretty pricey when you can get the movement for about 300 usd .. but you would need one of our Modders .. there are 2 here that you should stick to .. the hands need to be modded to fit from the Asian 7750 to the Val. 7750

iwc3717andtg010.jpg

iwc3717andtg005.jpg

I would not call this a Super rep. .. a good one but still a replication.. but by all means if you are contemplating this the V3 is the best..

and imho.. the A 7750 is a good movement with the caveat that it must be serviced properly as the movements coming from the maker may or may not be serviced properly..

hope that helps somewhat

AC/Lani

:lol:

if concepta had anything to do with it it would..

remembering the gen dial is lumed weak at the markers.. and the hands heavier..

Well there were a lot of ppl involved (RCKH,PT,CONCEPTA,DOMI) but all parts where eventually sourced

and a V1 3789 with ETA 7750 has finaly been upgraded :thumbsupsmileyanim:

next step ,gen dial and hands :drinks:

Problem is that i had a little accident during shipping,"HANDLE WITH CARE" means nothing to the PO guys

and the watch is currently back to Domi (i wouldn't dare messing with a gen movement)for daywheel re-alingment,and check of the chrono function cause the main chrono hand is sweeping erratically :black_eye:

Well accidents do happen in this hobby :bicycle:

a picture of the side engravings....

Gen 3799 Vs rep 3789

web.jpg

they appear closer in color than the pics suggest, if anything the gen is less silvery than the rep. The difference in execution is clear however.....The V2 has a very "bright" engraving.

the gen has very fine concentric circles within the 12 and 6 subdials. The V1 lacks them, the V2 has them but they're too chunky and visible.

Having a gen in front of me right now, the circles are invisible in anything other than strong, off center light where the ridges create a light shadow. To all intents and purposes they're invisible, so I would say that the V1 dial captures the "spirit" of the gen a bit better.....

web.jpg

gen on left, V1 rep on right.....

The V1 crown is spot on, there's no appreciable difference comparing it to the gen, the V2 is too thick and 2 grey in color.

web.jpg

• 2 months later...

Yes Lani still we are waiting for your reply with juicy mouths :Jumpy:

This is the V3 the dial is improved .. the logo on the side of the case is toned down.. although I'd like to remove the silver from it altogether...the AR was improved but this has a chiefs ar crystal attached.

AC/Lani

a picture of the side engravings....

Gen 3799 Vs rep 3789

web.jpg

Tnx, that picture is what I was searching a long time- gen engraving colour :victory:

Having a gen in front of me right now, the circles are invisible in anything other than strong, off center light where the ridges create a light shadow. To all intents and purposes they're invisible, so I would say that the V1 dial captures the "spirit" of the gen a bit better.....

The V1 crown is spot on, there's no appreciable difference comparing it to the gen, the V2 is too thick and 2 grey in color.

You are second person( first one was one RWI member) who is comparing in real life gen/V1/V2 and who is telling also that V1 might be slightly better then V2(regarding overall look, dial printing, crow tube position and crown etc.) Strange that V1 is better than V2 but it seem`s to be true. I got V1 and despite engraving colour( easy fix) I am very happy with this version.