When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Membership Fee Survey

Admin

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The whole VIP section thing was brought up by me and Pug in the Admin thread, and I still think that it's a good Idea, especially as it would give a real incentive to become a VIP member where you get first peak at new information, and special deals/group buy's, and more constructive communcation between staff and paying members.

Personally, I call for a VIP area such as happens at TRC and RWI, and until the situation changes where more than 8% of you stingy bastards gets the cobwebs off your wallet, then I will not be posting anything like the pinned posts I have done in the past, and would love to see some others do the same.

This may seem detrimental to the theory of ths community if all of the members who take time and effort to make informative posts, withold that info until we can support ourselves, but drastic time call for drastic measures.

If I am the only one doing this then most of you wont give a [censored] and that's fair, cos who am i? I'm just another member, but at least I amn't a free loading pathetic excuse for a human being.

If there's a VIP area, I'll post articles and pictorials there a few days before they hit the regular board. I like it.

Imagine, I finally finish my IWC article or the next photo-howto and post it to RWI-VIP and RWG-VIP and the supporters get to read it and comment, helping to make it better and then, a week later, it gets moved to the apropriate section. On something more minor, like the latest pics and a review of a watch, this can be posted a day or two before its moved.

I'm willing to support a VIP area like this.

I think that is a great idea. I have some things in the pipeline that I would be more than happy to share in a VIP area, and then later in the main forum.

If we have special runs on parts and things like that, then they can be posted in the VIP first to give those who are sustaining this place, a first option.

This may seem elitest to some of you, but just think, we aren't being secretive about it if you wanna be in on the special deals or first to see new info, then just stump up the LITTLE amount of cash that will help support the forum.

Say we have specials for VIP's, like happens at some of the other forums, and say the VIP's have a touch more input as to whats happening, or are notified first about things that are happening then that should be enough insentive for more people to pay up, not that they should need any more incentives.

Yes, make being a VIP more than a banner under your Avatar. Add value. People will pay if they know they're getting something.

I'd pay for that! A VIP-section with just a few goodies. I love feeling special, it makes me flutter my wallet around like a sailor ashore.. Which I basically am.