When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Rolex Crown

Bansenshukai

This is probably a silly question, but is the crown on the Rolex "crown" always line up generally up and down so that the crown points are pointing up (towards the watch crystal) when fully screwed in? I'm asking because I got the Rolex DSSD from Josh and it is actually sideways. But, my gen Explorer II has a similar issue. It never bothered me with my gen Explorer II, but I never really gave it much consideration. Now, looking at the rep DSSD, I wonder if it's supposed to be straight at all, or if it varies. Thanks.

I wondered that also when I heard it a while ago. I've looked at quite a few gens and come to the conclusion that no they don't. Even if they did when they came out of the factory, the position would change as the o'rings in the crown became compressed.

Also I have 3 DJs with gen cases, crown and tubes and there's no commonality between any of them.

It would be impossible to get them to point straight up! You'd be installing the tube just so, then the crown would only screw so far onto the tube and like the whole friggin thing would leak cause you didn't tighten it enough! And like kbh says, "don't compress the o-ings!"