When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

HBB gold in work

theflyingdutchman

Hi there,

just a short update on a cooperation with a dealer. "We" have been working on the HBB gold removing the bigger flaws for a launch after the Chinese new year. Here some pics! If you are interessted in this, please state this in the thread. There will only be a few made!

Update follows!

Dutchy

IMG_789911111.jpg

IMG_789811111.jpg

or see: http://www.repgeek.com/showthread.php?t=91603

and: http://www.repgeek.com/showthread.php?t=90816

Don't mean to sound negative .. but it's still a rep isn't it??

is this the gold watch that will be priced north of 6k??

for that money I think I would buy a genuine of another brand ..

or a nice 18k bracelet..

jus ma .02

Hi, your not negative at all! Just not up to date on HBB's! The name HBB Gold is the gen HBB name. The rep will of course be not gold, just a "normal" HBB copy. Here a pic of the real deal.

HBBGold.jpg

'theflyingdutchman' date='05 February 2010 - 09:45 PM' timestamp='1265442313' post='790376']

Hi, your not negative at all! Just not up to date on HBB's! The name HBB Gold is the gen HBB name. The rep will of course be not gold, just a "normal" HBB copy. Here a pic of the real deal.

So the point is it will be a better rep??

So you posted the rep in your initial post?? or is that also a genuine pic??

Sorry, I'm kinda lost in the purpose of this thread.. are "you" taking orders for a Modded rep?? or is the dealer going to offer this??

I'm just trying to clarify your initial post.. and if it is a dealer .. wouldn't he/she just post up on their web sight??

Are you making a better dial??.. who's doing what and for how much??

the post is to me vague if the intent is to solicit orders?? or are you just sharing a "project"??

AC/Lani

Hi,

all very valid comments!

I was wanting to orderd a HBB gold rep and was sent pics before hand. I then went back and said....can you fix this error and this one... and many more. This is how this started! Goal is to make a better rep with dealer, who will then sell it. This dealer is a less aggressive then the "trusted ones" but well known. The pic in my first post is the rep after 3 rounds of mods. The dial would need brushed hour markers, but that seams to be a BIG production problem. The final price will be in the 300-400 USD range.

Also I discussed with him to get people interessted in this watch, as it will be a small order only.

I am only sharing info on this project!

Dutchy

anything that makes reps better is just super. this is the kind of efforts that are to be lauded/praised. Excellent work theflyingdutchman and co.

Happy watchmaking

Gunnar (who once tried leading an watch project himslef..but ran into some problems)

• 1 month later...

Hi,

Let me start with the GOOD news:

- the waiting is over! The HBB gold that we have been discussing and working on is finished. The final product pics can be found below.

The BAD news is:

- The MOQ (minimum order quantity) for a silver screwed movement in combination with brushed hands is 1.000 pieces! Due to this MOQ the 2 last requirements will not happen.

It was confirmed to me today that this watch which I paid for several months ago will leave China soon and be with me with 1-2 weeks via registered airmail. Once I have this HBB , I will post pics and a review!

Thanks for your patience and help on this project.

Regards,

Dutchy

IMG_789711111.jpg

IMG_789811111-1.jpg

IMG_789911111-1.jpg

IMG_790111111-1.jpg

IMG_790211111.jpg

IMG_790411111-1.jpg

IMG_790511111.jpg

IMG_790611111-1.jpg

• 1 month later...

Hi, as someone else said above, I never really 'got' the gold HBB's but this is Beautiful!... even the DW looks reasonable.

I wonder how hard it would be to remove the screw anodisation if it _really_ bothered you. Couldn't they just be acid washed?

Anyway congrats, I'm not interested myself but I am interested matter-of-factly in the price... do you mind me asking OP?

Hi, as someone else said above, I never really 'got' the gold HBB's but this is Beautiful!... even the DW looks reasonable.

I wonder how hard it would be to remove the screw anodisation if it _really_ bothered you. Couldn't they just be acid washed?

Anyway congrats, I'm not interested myself but I am interested matter-of-factly in the price... do you mind me asking OP?

A set of new = steel movemnet screws cost incl. worktime approx. 50