When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Which watch hands for Daytona 6263

GarrettP1

I've been looking at a few Rolex part sites (mostly that I've learned of from here), and I've seen several sets of hands offered for sale for the 6263.

Can I get some opinions from the experts here about which ones are acceptable, and perhaps more importantly, which to avoid?

I've looked at Yuki's, Jewelryandwatch.com, ebay of course.....the URL for classicwatchparts.com appears dead.

Thanks in advance,

Garrett

Garrett do you already have the movement in a case? I was not aware that the 7736 would fit. The 7736 is a thicker movement at 7.4mm.

I was measuring 6mm for the movement height, and 31mm diameter.

The 7736 was substituted a number of times (for the Valjoux 72) by Breitling in the 60's, when there was a shortage of the V72's available.

The movement isn't fitted to the case as yet; I am having my local watchsmith clean, lube, and regulate it.

Garrett

I was measuring 6mm for the movement height, and 31mm diameter.

The 7736 was substituted a number of times (for the Valjoux 72) by Breitling in the 60's, when there was a shortage of the V72's available.

The movement isn't fitted to the case as yet; I am having my local watchsmith clean, lube, and regulate it.

Garrett

How is this project coming? Did you get the movement in the case?

How is this project coming? Did you get the movement in the case?

Not yet.

The watchsmith who is overhauling my movement is a Rolex AD, so I make sure he never sees me with anything that might be considered contraband.

I am using a DW case (for the 7750 movement), modified with a case back for the Valjoux 72.

I don't plan on finishing this myself, but rather having one of the modders here do the final work.

I am sort of subcontracting each step along the way at this point.

Garrett

• 3 weeks later...

GP,

My watchsmith called me today to tell me that he hoped to have the movement finished (overhauled) at the end of this week.

I ordered some hands from DW, but they haven't arrived yet (he told me that a new run of hands was coming off the assembly line).

I hope to have the whole project wrapped up at the end of March.

I'll keep you guys posted.

Garrett

• 2 years later...